Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 5901

Thread: Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    I'm digging that set, emynd. But I'm normally a 40S, and I don't know if 40R will be okay or not. Says 39" chest for 40R, and I have a 41" chest, but I'm also only 5'8", so I'm not so sure about 42R. But it seems like an awesome summer suit.
    My chest is the same size is yours so I'd bet you'd need a 42R. The sleeves will almost definitely be too long for you (unless you have freakishly long arms for your size) so you'd probably have to get them tailored. You'd probably need to get the pants tailored as well because they're a pretty standard 34x32 fit. I just sent this PM to another member who asked but I might as well post it here for reference:

My chest measures at right around 40". Shoulders are ~17.5" Waist is ~34". I have long arms and usually wear 16x36 Charles Tyrwhitt shirts. When copping jackets on ebay, I usually look for jackets with 21" chest, 18" shoulders and 26" sleeves. I would guess that this 42R H&M jacket is very close to those measurements.

-e

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdig View Post
    That sucks. I would have been very interested in those at that price.
    Precisely. I've been warming to loafers (strictly a balmoral guy for work, boat shoe guy for casual currently), but couldn't decide whether to go with brown or a natural chromexel (either from Rancourt or Oak Street, both very similar in all respects). The lower price on Rancourt in brown would have tipped the balance... back to the drawing board.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    I almost bought the mint ones before I realized it was the Canadian site. They don't have them on the American one. Or the 50% off deal
    I'm fairly certain they still have the 50% off final sale deal on the US website.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emynd View Post
    If you're 6'4", I'd skip it... or at least hit up your local H&M and try it on first. Both the jacket and the pants are almost definitely going to be comically short on you.
    Ah, yeah I'll check it out locally.
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I'm 6 foot 1. I usually wear a 40L and like my jackets a bit longer. As you can see from my pic, this jacket is a bit on the short side, but not unbearably short. And for the price, I'm not really complaining. Pants are true to size, yes. I wear a 34 in most RTW brands and I copped 34.

-e
    The suit looks good, I've been looking for some linen for the summer. Is the jacket lined in polyester? I feel like that would defeat the purpose of a breathable linen jacket a bit...How slim are the pants? I'm a bit skeptical of going with my usual size with H&M, so I'm wondering how slim your build is and how slim you usually like your pants to be.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    The suit looks good, I've been looking for some linen for the summer. Is the jacket lined in polyester? I feel like that would defeat the purpose of a breathable linen jacket a bit...How slim are the pants? I'm a bit skeptical of going with my usual size with H&M, so I'm wondering how slim your build is and how slim you usually like your pants to be.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that the stupid jacket is lined with polyester. Sorry about that.

The pants are quite slim. I'm not super skinny by any means (6 foot 1 and hovering around 195-200 lbs unfortunately) and while the pants are indeed slim, they're not oppressively slim. The pics of the model are pretty good representation of how slim they are on me.

-e

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    your picture is much more flattering that that one... lol

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fey View Post
    your picture is much more flattering that that one... lol
    So you're saying I should be a model? I read ya. I read ya

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that the stupid jacket is lined with polyester. Sorry about that.
    Thanks for the info. Now I'm wondering if I should get the jackets, and see if I could maybe remove some of the lining. I actually want the pants more anyway, since I don't anticipate wearing the jacket much at all, but it would be nice to have.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Lands End 40% off single full price item and 20% off sale items

Code: SALUTE
    PIN: 4227