Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cufflinks Adapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cufflinks Adapter

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I haven't tried it but thinking about it. http://cuffstyle.com/

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    French cuffs are more of a formal style shirt. I'd skip this for everyday use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I have a few cufflinks but I rarely wear them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, I know what cufflinks are and when it's appropriate to wear them. I'm only asking if anybody has tried this product.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Never tried it and it looks really pointless. Their selling point is that french cuff shirts are too expensive, but you can go to Nordstrom (during a sale or at Nordstrom Rack), Spier & Mackay, or Charles Tyrwhitt and grab one for just $30.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Never tried it and it looks really pointless. Their selling point is that french cuff shirts are too expensive, but you can go to Nordstrom (during a sale or at Nordstrom Rack), Spier & Mackay, or Charles Tyrwhitt and grab one for just $30.
    I could see using them if you dont want to dedicate closet space to french cuff shirts or you have a pattern/cut shirt that you cant find in french cuffs. Why duplicate your entire shirt rotation to have cufflink and no cufflink options? Why limit your cufflink shirt options to just the french cuff shirts you have? These items always have that one or two responses that says dont buy the adapter, just buy the real thing but that isn't always possible or even feasible. I havent tried the product but it looks pretty straight forward.

also, lets say you have 10 shirts. Thats $320. Or you buy one set of adapters to use with any shirt you already have. Thats like what? $20 for the adapters? And you get the same impact. If you are an occasional cufflink user or already have a well established standard cuff shirt collection, thats your selling point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montyman View Post
    Yes, I know what cufflinks are and when it's appropriate to wear them. I'm only asking if anybody has tried this product.
    Is this a joke? If not, this gets a hard no from me. Looks really tacky. Cufflink cuffs aren't aligned the same way a button cuff shirt is so I can't see how this will work properly. Their instructional video is bogus and in the pictures, the model folks the button cuff back to create a double-cuff, like you'd find on a French cuff shirt, so by definition your sleeves will be 2" too short. Now there are single-cuff French cuffs, but they give no indication whether or not that would work. There's also the fact that most button cuff shirts should stay that way. An OCBD or gingham shirt for example, you would never wear with cufflinks, and a proper tuxedo shirt would have come with French cuffs already. The only shirt that can go both ways is a plain white shirt....which you can just buy two of, one in each style, for about $30 a pop (French cuff and button cuff cost the same on, say, CT Shirts, contrary to what the website says), and then you have an extra shirt instead of a lump of plastic.

The website is also badly made and written and reeks of a scam.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)
    I've done completely the opposite before just rolling the French cuffs around each other as if they were a barrel cuff and then using two buttons sewed to each other as the "cufflink." Cost of this was only the minutes it took to sew four buttons to each other in pairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Is this a joke? If not, this gets a hard no from me. Looks really tacky. Cufflink cuffs aren't aligned the same way a button cuff shirt is so I can't see how this will work properly. Their instructional video is bogus and in the pictures, the model folks the button cuff back to create a double-cuff, like you'd find on a French cuff shirt, so by definition your sleeves will be 2" too short. Now there are single-cuff French cuffs, but they give no indication whether or not that would work. There's also the fact that most button cuff shirts should stay that way. An OCBD or gingham shirt for example, you would never wear with cufflinks, and a proper tuxedo shirt would have come with French cuffs already. The only shirt that can go both ways is a plain white shirt....which you can just buy two of, one in each style, for about $30 a pop (French cuff and button cuff cost the same on, say, CT Shirts, contrary to what the website says), and then you have an extra shirt instead of a lump of plastic.

The website is also badly made and written and reeks of a scam.
    Yeah, I don't see what you're talking about. A cuff link adapter scam is pretty specific. And me being an English teacher, I don't see anything "badly written." Plus you don't have to act like a jerk.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    This reminds me of the people who put Bentley grills on their Chrysler 300. Don’t do that.