Page 1252 of 1254 FirstFirst ... 25275211521202124212501251125212531254 LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,520 of 12536

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)
    Tenth different cardigan in a row. Might stop after a dirty dozen.

Gap lambswool cardigan
    American rag flannel (it's got mooses and bears!!)
    American Eagle extreme flex chinos
    AE Saukville
    Last edited by Nandyn; November 14th, 2017 at 03:46 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    Trying on the Beaufort my wife got me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Looks great @JBarwick. The Beaufort is on my wish list. Knowing you're in TN and have similar temps to us here in NC, what temps does it seem best for? Also, how did you find the sizing to be?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperedHoo View Post
    Looks great @JBarwick. The Beaufort is on my wish list. Knowing you're in TN and have similar temps to us here in NC, what temps does it seem best for? Also, how did you find the sizing to be?
    It was 52* this morning and I felt fine in the jacket. I feel temps in the 30s would be ok with just a dress shirt and under shirt. If it got colder I would either layer or buy the liner to add. For sizing, I sized down as I knew I would not be wearing a sport or suit jacket underneath this. That would have been really warm. If you want to wear a sport coat underneath, I would say buy your normal size.

For the best deals, END Clothing is potentially your best bet but they do not offer the sage or olive color. My wife went with sage to match her jacket. Since my mother in law goes to Europe regularly, my wife got this from Country Attire which offers the best deals but doesn't ship to the US.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    842 Post(s)
    Looking good @JBarwick While I am not a fan of winter temps (give me summer any day) I do appreciate the fall weather as a chance to layer up and wear warm clothes. Nicely done.

Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1502 Post(s)
    @DapperedHoo Barbour waxed coats are designed to be a rain shell for the cool, damp climate of the UK. Think upper 30s to lower 60s, rain and wet snow. They provide little warmth by themselves but they are fine for moderate cold with a mid layer like a quilted jacket or a thick sweater. Once you get to freezing temps and below, the Barbour isn't a particularly useful piece of outerwear since its main feature is its water resistance.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Thank you both @JBarwick and @LesserBlackDog for your insight!

Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1502 Post(s)
    If you are concerned about fit or worried about guessing with sizing, you might consider the Ashby as an alternative to the Beaufort. It is basically the same jacket but offered in slightly more tailored, true-to-size S/M/L sizing. I usually wear 36R jackets and a small Ashby fits me fine either on its own or over a suit jacket.

I think the sleeves on the Ashby are slightly longer as well, which might be helpful if you are concerned about the sleeves getting too short if you size down with a Beaufort.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    I don't have the sleeve issue when sizing down. I guess I should note I have the Beaufort and not the Beaufort Classic which is more boxy from what I have read and deserves the distinction. While the Beaufort never seems to go on sale, every other Barbour item seems to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)
    Zip up cardigan makes #11