Page 306 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 2062562963043053063073083163564068061306 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 13338

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @acoustic haha thanks man, and no way I definitely got the idea for the semi sitting down pics from you, plus I had my gf to take them for me since my apt. doesn't have a full length mirror

@Jake really like that fit, the gold laces adds a nice creative touch to stand out

@Vicious that's a great simple/casual outfit you have there...the fit is great with everything and that watch is simply awesome of course

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    @Jake101: Love the colors/outfit (brown/green/white/blue). Can you walk me through the second picture though. The cinched tie but open collar to be specific.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    @JGL to be honest, i had just came back from an engagement party and was very, if not completely, piss-drunk... lol
    EDIT: oh, and it was WIWY...it was yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A3M0N View Post
    Oh, I understand that (but don't know why they are a no, some of them do indeed look nice). But I'm working on improving my style on a budget, and this is what I have right now.
    Square toe shoes are a "no" because they're ugly. Always. There has never been a good-looking pair of square toed shoes. They make your feet look stubby, especially when coupled with their natural mid-90s pairing of "relaxed fit" khakis.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrown View Post
    Square toe shoes are a "no" because they're ugly. Always. There has never been a good-looking pair of square toed shoes. They make your feet look stubby, especially when coupled with their natural mid-90s pairing of "relaxed fit" khakis.
    Not to mention that they completely destroy the slim, fitted silhouette we try to achieve with good fit and such. A well tailored suit or well fitting outfit a largely amount clean lines, especially a vertical, slim silhouette. Once that silhouette gets to a pair of square toed shoes... ouch. From an aesthetics perspective, it just doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Date night last night, so I pulled out some of the nicer things.

Suit: Indochino Prince of Wales
    Shirt: Ermenegildo Zegna
    Tie: Rubinacci (e-bayed)
    Sweater: Kiton cashmere (e-bayed)
    Shoes: AE Strands in walnut

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Mikey and kbrown, I agree with the basic content of your critiques, but phrases like "completely destroy" and "ugly always" can create an unwelcoming environment for people new to this world. There's long been a tradition on this site of valuing courtesy over bluntness, and many folks here have come to Dappered precisely because it isn't caustic or judgmental. Why not phrase your critiques like this instead: "A3M0N, a slender-toed shoe and slimmer chinos would really elongate your frame and look much more sleek and polished." That way, the implied subtext of your comment isn't "you're a douchebag for not already knowing this." Instead, it's "We like to help people."

Kenneth, I like the layering. How'd the date go?
    Last edited by BB; February 11th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    She did not comment on my attire. Based upon this egregious sin, I can only assume that we are not compatible!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Kenneth - I'm digging the cerebral pose. There is something very "Churchill-esque" about it...

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethS View Post
    She did not comment on my attire. Based upon this egregious sin, I can only assume that we are not compatible!
    She doesn't know what she's missing, Kenneth. Also, that outfit was excellent.