Page 1339 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 33983912391289132913371338133913401341 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,390 of 13423

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    This post is entirely to say how pleased with myself I was to match my socks and jacket

Shirt: Hugh and Crye
    Pants: AG
    Shoes: Allen Edmonds
    Jacket: Banana Republic
    Socks: Bombas

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Love the look. What BR jacket is that? I really dig it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ito View Post
    Love the look. What BR jacket is that? I really dig it.
    Thanks! It's the vegan suede (microfiber) trucker jacket in green. Definitely a favorite recent purchase but I do wonder about its longevity, not being leather.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Suit: Black Brown 1826
    Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie: Brooks Brothers

https://flic.kr/p/2irzTX2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Suit: Black Brown 1826
    Shirt & Tie: Charles Tyrwhitt

https://flic.kr/p/2isrb5k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Brooks Brothers Suit
    Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in Black
    Longines Conquest 39mm
    Vintage Brooks Brothers tie
    Puppy to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Suit: Spier & MacKay
    Shirt & Tie: Charles Tyrwhitt
    Pocket Square: Paul Stuart

https://flic.kr/p/2ivkSSm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Suit: Oliver Wicks
    Tie & Pocket Square: Black Brown 1826
    Sweater: Club Room (Macy's)

https://flic.kr/p/2ivAFUE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crocto View Post
    Suit: Oliver Wicks
    Tie & Pocket Square: Black Brown 1826
    Sweater: Club Room (Macy's)

https://flic.kr/p/2ivAFUE
    How do you like your Oliver Wicks suit(s)? I’m thinking of getting some MTM from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2144 Post(s)
    First ever DB blazer... I was hesitant at first but now I am really digging it. The beautiful material really sold me.

Brooks Brothers jacket and shirt, Lands' End tie and trousers, AE shoes, Seiko watch
    Ben

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CSterling007 View Post
    How do you like your Oliver Wicks suit(s)? I’m thinking of getting some MTM from them
    I've got two of them and my second one, in terms of fit and fabric, came out better than the first. I'll quickly list the pros and cons and suggest two other options. If you want to PM I can give you a more detailed information.

Pros:
    - There's a good selection in terms of fabrics. That blue one is an Angelico super 100s and it's great. I like that fabric better than the grey VBC super 110s I have from them.
    - Lots of options. You can pick a lot of stuff and in fact I even e-mailed them asking if I could get a slightly lower buttoning point and they did it for me.
    - Good communication. I was in touch with two members of the team and they were both very helpful. It was all done via e-mail and went smoothly.
    - Price, the price is very good for made-to-measure, especially if you wait for one of the sales.

Cons:
    - Fabric while the VBC is nice it feels rather thin. Almost as if they cut down on the amount to make it more affordable.
    - Communication like I said it was all done via e-mail but since Oliver Wicks seems to be in Bulgaria there's a bit of a delay.
    - In order to lower the button point for me they lowered the gorge. While not too low it does look a little more traditional than modern (this may not be a con for you).
    - Time & Distance because this coming for Bulgaria if you have to ship it back for a remake you're talking about waiting a while.

Obviously the fit is what's most important and if you can dial it in you're set and can just go crazy ordering. I used a combination of measuring myself, a suit I own that I like the fit of, and their little algorithm. If you don't know what you're doing you can really fuck up. And with the delay to ship it back for a remake the amount of time may not be worth it. Oliver Wicks does give you a tailoring credit and a while to make those changes. They're really good about this and it's fairly easy. The only difficulty is that depending on your tailor certain things can get really expensive really quick. My pants needed to be tapered and the tailor charged me $50 for that which used a third of the tailoring credit you're given.

Other Option 1:

Spier & MacKay do online made-to-measure. I've got one of their suits in a 40 short off-the-rack and the fit is fantastic. One of their standard "house brand" wools, nothing fancy. The price is similar to Oliver Wicks and the Spier & MacKay fabric is better (and there's more of it) and so is the fit.

Other Option 2:

Some place local. It could be a chain like Brooks Brothers or Men's Wearhouse/Jos. A. Bank or Nordstrom or even some place local. There you'll get a person to help you and they usually include free tailor. I have two JOE Joseph Abbound customs from Men's Wearhouse and the fit and fabric is just as good as Oliver Wicks.

I hope that helps! Feel free to PM if you want me to drone on about this more.