Page 1226 of 1254 FirstFirst ... 226726112611761216122412251226122712281236 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,260 of 12535

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Oh boy talk about a "go to hell" outfit! Those spectators are sick
    Thank you! I figure summertime weather, Virginia, a bit of Southern Dandy can't hurt anyone.

They're AE Broadstreets, but the previous Walnut/Bone version, not the current (less appealing IMO) Brown/White. They do still have a number of pair on the shoebank so if you fancy a pair of your own, may be worth a look.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    While I'm not the one your comment was addressed to, I have 2 Lazio suits and have tried on a few Havana jackets in-store. Both fit me exceptionally well; minimal tailoring (i.e. maybe 1/4" trim on sleeve length for both) was necessary. Obviously body type plays a huge role in that though. I'm 6'1", 165 pounds, fairly in-shape build (i'm not a bodybuilder and as we all know I don't talk about crossfit every post so I clearly don't do that either ). 38R on the Lazio, Havana, and S&M Slim fit is as close to perfect as OTR gets for me. S&M contemporary gets taken in in the jacket just a little. Ludlow and Crosby both actually work really well too; the Crosby obviously has a bit more room but isn't "weird". However, the exception is BB's Milano fit--that I need a 40R, which is about the same on me as the Lazio/Havana 38R.

Bottom line, it's all very subjective and changes for each individual.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm 5'11" and 175. S&M 38 contemporary fits me well and I only need the sleeves let out a touch and the collar lowered. I always have them switch the pants for slim fit. Could probably have the waist of the 40R Havana taken in a bit but I haven't. The Lazio in 40R just swallows me. I'd have to get it taken in a good bit all over. Pants too. When I compared the measurements online, I didn't think the differences were that great. I know the 38R will probably fit better but the sleeves will be way to short. The 38L will be too long.

Guess the Lazio just isn't for me. Bummer because I really need a navy/blue suit for warm weather and was hoping to get a linen blend. I may try the unlined wool Havana traveler. The description says it's lightweight but I'm not sure if it will be cool enough. Summers in SC are brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    That's awfully strange. I'd take measurements of the jacket because the Lazio is *supposed* to be one of their trimmest jackets. Certainly moreso than S&M's contemporary, even in a "smaller" size. I'd almost wonder if the lazio wasn't mis-labeled.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Thank you! I figure summertime weather, Virginia, a bit of Southern Dandy can't hurt anyone.

They're AE Broadstreets, but the previous Walnut/Bone version, not the current (less appealing IMO) Brown/White. They do still have a number of pair on the shoebank so if you fancy a pair of your own, may be worth a look.
    Can you compare them to the 5 last? I was actually looking at getting them in the dark brown/white color from the shoe bank, but they're only available in an 11.5D (my typical size, but in Allen Edmonds, I tend to have to go to a 11E)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    That's awfully strange. I'd take measurements of the jacket because the Lazio is *supposed* to be one of their trimmest jackets. Certainly moreso than S&M's contemporary, even in a "smaller" size. I'd almost wonder if the lazio wasn't mis-labeled.
    Yup. Exactly what I said. sounds like he's either trying a size too large or a different cut (like the Napoli)

A size too large would make sense if he went to the store and they have new people working there, because they tend to accidentally put the suits in the wrong place.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    Overall a sleeker look; toebox feels about the same but more instep forgiveness. I just go with brannock (9.5B) to start with everything I've ordered from AE (save for a couple boots in 9.5D that weren't available in B, and Dalton is best in 10B for me) and it's worked out so far.

The leather on these though, considerably softer than my Strands but in a good way. They're extremely comfy and I could see myself rockin' em a LOT this season.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Overall a sleeker look; toebox feels about the same but more instep forgiveness. I just go with brannock (9.5B) to start with everything I've ordered from AE (save for a couple boots in 9.5D that weren't available in B, and Dalton is best in 10B for me) and it's worked out so far.

The leather on these though, considerably softer than my Strands but in a good way. They're extremely comfy and I could see myself rockin' em a LOT this season.
    I bet! Looks like a great summer shoe. I'll have to try them out in-store, but it sounds like a regular 11.5D would work fine for me after looking up the 73 last it's built on.

From AE's website: 73 Last
    Known more simply as the 3 last, the 73 last is designed for classic American designs. The 73 last has the fullest fit measurement in the ball of the foot with a tapered toe and more room across the forefoot.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    I bet! Looks like a great summer shoe. I'll have to try them out in-store, but it sounds like a regular 11.5D would work fine for me after looking up the 73 last it's built on.

From AE's website: 73 Last
    Known more simply as the 3 last, the 73 last is designed for classic American designs. The 73 last has the fullest fit measurement in the ball of the foot with a tapered toe and more room across the forefoot.
    A bit of barnweaseling prior to my 4-day weekend:

http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInv...DIM=D&SIZE=115

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    I'll have to go back and check the tag but I'm pretty sure it's a 40R. It's definitely larger though by fit and the measurements on the websites. Mainly the chest which is 0.4 inches larger than the Havana so I thought that would be manageable. My S&M is definitely more fitted than the Havana but the difference is not all that noticeable.

S&M 38R Cont./Havana 40R/ Lazio 40R
    Chest: 41.7/43.3/43.7
    Waist: 37/39/37
    Shoulder: 17.7/18.1/18.1
    Length: 29.5/29.9/29.9

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    And for the record, I went a bit more casual for walking around Colonial Williamsburg.

18672957_640538179473725_1921687404777787443_o by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    Nice! Here is my casual look. Going tieless and letting the hair grow out really brings a mellow vibe.