Page 1225 of 1254 FirstFirst ... 225725112511751215122312241225122612271235 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,250 of 12535

Thread: WIWT

  1. #12241
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,083
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Useknifeonly View Post
    My casual uniform.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I looked at this yesterday and again today and feel like this fit isn't great. The pants are too long to be capri's but too short to be pants. I know people roll their denim and that looks good but this just looks odd. While a tie with denim isn't my cup of tea, people do it as it fits their style so I am ok with that and the rest of the fit....it's just those pants.

  2. #12242
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Blue steel. Still working on my Magnum look. Stay tuned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want to preface this by saying you've got consistently killer fits, and this one is too, but I feel like the sprezz look of the longer back of the tie doesn't mesh well with the cohesion in this outfit.

    Only nitpicking, love the basics of it though.

  3. #12243
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    700
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

    WIWT

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Manscaper View Post
    Want to preface this by saying you've got consistently killer fits, and this one is too, but I feel like the sprezz look of the longer back of the tie doesn't mesh well with the cohesion in this outfit.

    Only nitpicking, love the basics of it though.
    Thanks man! I appreciate it. Honestly the narrow blade isn't a big deal to me. It was unavoidable due to the rise of my trouser. The tie is raw silk, so a DFIH would had made a his knot and I hate tucking in the narrow blade. But to each hug own! Thanks again for the kind words


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #12244
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I looked at this yesterday and again today and feel like this fit isn't great. The pants are too long to be capri's but too short to be pants. I know people roll their denim and that looks good but this just looks odd. While a tie with denim isn't my cup of tea, people do it as it fits their style so I am ok with that and the rest of the fit....it's just those pants.
    Ha yeah I get what your saying I think it's mostly a preference thing for me I do like rolled cuffs but it doesn't really matter to me I really just like the aesthetic and one of my favorite Style icons does it all the time so I figure why not?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #12245
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post



    SuitSupply Lazio jacket
    Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
    Gagliardi Pocket Square
    Casio Watch (because I couldn't find my Daniel Wellington this morning)
    Spier & Mackay Trousers
    Allen Edmonds McAllisters
    What are your thoughts on the fit of the Lazio jacket? Do you take the same size as other Suitsupply fits? I just got the same suit in 40R but find it to be too big all over compared to my Havana and Hudson jackets in the same size. The pants are really baggy on me too. Was thinking about sizing down but may have to go with a long. The sleeves on the 40R need to be let out a half inch or so and the sleeves on the 38R are already a half in shorter.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  6. #12246
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    815
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the fit of the Lazio jacket? Do you take the same size as other Suitsupply fits? I just got the same suit in 40R but find it to be too big all over compared to my Havana and Hudson jackets in the same size. The pants are really baggy on me too. Was thinking about sizing down but may have to go with a long. The sleeves on the 40R need to be let out a half inch or so and the sleeves on the 38R are already a half in shorter.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

    While I'm not the one your comment was addressed to, I have 2 Lazio suits and have tried on a few Havana jackets in-store. Both fit me exceptionally well; minimal tailoring (i.e. maybe 1/4" trim on sleeve length for both) was necessary. Obviously body type plays a huge role in that though. I'm 6'1", 165 pounds, fairly in-shape build (i'm not a bodybuilder and as we all know I don't talk about crossfit every post so I clearly don't do that either ). 38R on the Lazio, Havana, and S&M Slim fit is as close to perfect as OTR gets for me. S&M contemporary gets taken in in the jacket just a little. Ludlow and Crosby both actually work really well too; the Crosby obviously has a bit more room but isn't "weird". However, the exception is BB's Milano fit--that I need a 40R, which is about the same on me as the Lazio/Havana 38R.

    Bottom line, it's all very subjective and changes for each individual.

  7. #12247
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    815
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    And speaking of that BB Milano fit, a friend of mine was presented with a direct commission from the Enlisted Corps into the Officer Corps this past Monday down in Virginia. Was an honor to attend, but I certainly couldn't keep things too reserved. He knows me too well, and was expecting a bit of dandy/peacocking. Plus I just got a new shirt from S&M.


    IMG_20170522_130606_035 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr


    And as my favorite Puddle Pirate, I couldn't let things go without at least a small homage.


    IMG_20170522_130742_031 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr


    And yes, I know my phone camera sucks. Working on picking up a G6 in a few months. Just really sick of all the carriers now trying as hard as possible to FORCE you into doing a monthly installment, insofar as a LOT of the stores around here refuse to sell the phone outright. And they refuse to activate one if you bring it in.

  8. #12248
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    815
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    And for the record, I went a bit more casual for walking around Colonial Williamsburg.


    18672957_640538179473725_1921687404777787443_o by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

  9. #12249
    Varsity Member CJMichaelRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the fit of the Lazio jacket? Do you take the same size as other Suitsupply fits? I just got the same suit in 40R but find it to be too big all over compared to my Havana and Hudson jackets in the same size. The pants are really baggy on me too. Was thinking about sizing down but may have to go with a long. The sleeves on the 40R need to be let out a half inch or so and the sleeves on the 38R are already a half in shorter.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Are you sure you tried the Lazio? It's really close in terms of fit to the Hudson and Havana. It sounds like the Napoli is the one you're referring to, which would make sense since they both come in similar fabric options.

  10. #12250
    Varsity Member CJMichaelRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    And speaking of that BB Milano fit, a friend of mine was presented with a direct commission from the Enlisted Corps into the Officer Corps this past Monday down in Virginia. Was an honor to attend, but I certainly couldn't keep things too reserved. He knows me too well, and was expecting a bit of dandy/peacocking. Plus I just got a new shirt from S&M.


    IMG_20170522_130606_035 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr


    And as my favorite Puddle Pirate, I couldn't let things go without at least a small homage.


    IMG_20170522_130742_031 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr


    And yes, I know my phone camera sucks. Working on picking up a G6 in a few months. Just really sick of all the carriers now trying as hard as possible to FORCE you into doing a monthly installment, insofar as a LOT of the stores around here refuse to sell the phone outright. And they refuse to activate one if you bring it in.
    Oh boy talk about a "go to hell" outfit! Those spectators are sick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •