Page 462 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 13363

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Tarmac - I agree. I'll definitely be using the shirt for multiple purposes.

@Jeff4 - Thanks, man!

@Yoyorobbo - Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I grabbed that tie at the same time you did; I grabbed the chambray one as well. Yeah, I've learned that everything I buy from American Eagle will only be with me for a season, haha, so I don't blame you for returning these ties.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

The slow descent to summer casual at the office continues. Next week, no more jacket -- except for odd days here and there -- until September.
    Last edited by BB; May 16th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Just realized I'm wearing an all-JCP outfit today!

JCP White oxford shirt
    Stafford slim fit navy cotton jacket
    JCP grey chinos
    AE Walnut Strands

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post

JCP White oxford shirt
    JCP grey chinos
    AE Walnut Strands
    Nice outfit...fits look spot-on.

Regarding the Stafford slim jacket, how do you like this? I've been meaning to go try this one on as some of the other Stafford slim jackets I've tried have fit me pretty well. Is this completely unlined? I'm wondering how this compares to the JCF navy chino blazer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Sigtweed: Regarding the shirt that you say looks blousey in your pic, I'm sure it's likely due to the angle/perspective of the shot; unless of course it's just plain blousey. Dunno. Only *you* know that. I still have a few shirts that kinda fall into the blousey category. I should probably get them tailored or get rid of them. Regardless, I really dig the color scheme in the stripes. And yes, agreed, those tassel loafers are sweetness. I've checked out several pairs lately, thrifting, with pretty horrible fit results. Still on the look-out for a super steal before I eventually just plop down the dough for some new ones. I'm diggin the look, when done right. Modern/sleek/minimal - not the '80s-'90s older-gentleman "boss" type - if that makes any sense. Boss, as in employer/higher-up/manager. Not boss, as in "like a boss!" - LOL

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Oh, and Sig (as well as you other gents - namely bruschetta, MarkB, and BB this time, with your most recent replies): Thanks so much for the compliments. As far as crushing it *before*, I'm fairly sure I wasn't. I like to think that I've had some pretty solid "eras" in my life, where I have rocked a pretty cool style. But I also have come to the realization that I've had my more recent down-times as well: Square-toed black bicycle shoes and over-sized shirts/suits, I'm looking at you. And don't come back!

I also like to think that I've already learned a ton since finding Dappered.com (and this forum), but I know I have a ton more to learn. The feedback, be it positive or negative, is important. Sometimes you think you understand a certain look or vibe that you were going for, and maybe you missed something in the translation. Conversely, sometimes you nail it! It's good to know when either of those scenarios play out. IMO, of course.

Obviously we all have our own tastes, to varying degrees, and are certainly allowed to make our own calls on what we wear and how we wear it. We're all big boys now, right? However, it sure is nice to hear some opinions and gather some feedback from others like all of y'all, whom presumably are likewise interested in upping (or simply refining) their personal style-game. So again, my thanks for the feedback fellas. Especially when it's complimentary. - LOL!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Vicious: Although that belt doesn't *match* your shoes or watch strap all "matchy-matchy," I still like it a lot. In a very casual outfit, like jeans & a t-shirt, the strict rules certainly are allowed some freedom. And this is coming from a dude who thinks way too much about matching leathers, etc. I admit my fault there. LOL - Anyway, I bet if only one more factor pulled in that olive (right?) color of the belt, you wouldn't think twice about it. I'm thinking maybe watch strap; olive looks great on black-faced watches - especially militaryesque ones like a Swiss Army chrono. IMO

Of course the general rule regarding a black rubber watch strap is that it goes with pretty much anything casual. So yours works right there, as is. Just mentioning the potentially-tighter tie-in with another article and that belt. Maybe a change of laces color for your tennis shoes? You got that multi-pack recently, right? Not sure if they'd work well in sneaks, but might be worth a shot. Also, there's this concept, where you replace your white stock laces with some rougher leather ones:

http://www.primermagazine.com/2010/s...e-canvas-shoes

I've tried it with mixed results. Sometimes it looks cool. Other times not so much. YMMV.

And as far as the half-tuck goes: I actually like it. As long as the untucked portion isn't still too long, I think it looks fine, in a casual look, for sure. I see it all the time in men's magazines (Esquire, GQ, etc) and various related style websites; not to mention clothing catalogs and sites too (BR, JC, etc). It seems to work there. IMO, again; naturally.

EDIT: Doh! I just noticed your specific call-out to *my* half-tuck. LOL - I missed that part initially; just originally saw you did it and saw the follow-up comments about it. Figured I'd better note that I wasn't backing it above simply because you called it *mine*. LOL - I really have seen it everywhere in those references I mentioned. I totally copped it from some of them, as a style twist. Maybe it's a bad one; dunno. I sometimes seem to try it when the shirt isn't too long or too short, but juuuusssssst right. Gotta be a casual getup, though, in my mind.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 16th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Long time no see, everybody!

Jacket: HSM (pale blue plaid linen/silk)
    Shirt: BR
    Pants: LEC khakis
    Shoes: AE Essex
    Belt: Nautica

Wow. Took the pics one after the other, but the color is different in every single one. The belt is dark, but not nearly as dark as the pic suggests. The pants in the top left are the right color. And the funky jacket shape is due to me taking my own picture.
    Last edited by alan; May 16th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post

The slow descent to summer casual at the office continues. Next week, no more jacket -- except for odd days here and there -- until September.

Your color-palette game is on point, sir. I may have to borrow the grey+pink combo today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post

JCP White oxford shirt
    JCP grey chinos
    AE Walnut Strands

I wanted to buy that same jacket, but everytime I checked in store, they'd never have my size. I like this look, very classic.