Page 995 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 495895945985993994995996997100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,950 of 13346

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasma View Post
    DuFrank, what size is the JCF vest?
    Large, fits like other Large JC items like shirts and jackets

Here's the link to it https://www.jcrew.com/p/B8065

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1078 Post(s)
    Suit - SuitSupply Napoli
    Tie - Chaps
    Shirt - Spier & Mackay
    Shoes - Cole Haan
    I am going to guess that your watch caught the shirt on your left arm which is the reason no sleeve is showing? Also did you tuck in the pocket flaps? The shoes those make you look like a southerner...I see this all the time here in Nashville of a suit with tassel loafers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I am going to guess that your watch caught the shirt on your left arm which is the reason no sleeve is showing? Also did you tuck in the pocket flaps? The shoes those make you look like a southerner...I see this all the time here in Nashville of a suit with tassel loafers.
    JBarwick, you're right--my watch did catch the shirt sleeve, and with the combination of my long arms, it's not unusual for my sleeves to come down a bit into the jacket.

Also, I did tuck in the pocket flaps. I don't always do it but it's a better look for me, and it's easier to put things in the pockets. And you're right--I am a southerner. Picked up the loafers with a suit look at a law firm I worked at in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Valentine's Dinner with the girlfriend. Hard to see in the photo but that's a blue (not navy) waistcoat with charcoal slacks and black loafers. Kind of mixing up shades but I thought it worked.

Jacket - Gap
    Shirt - Uniqlo
    Vest - Bar III
    Pants - Alfani (part of an old suit)
    Shoes - Cole Haan
    Watch - Timex
    Pocket Square - The Tie Bar

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    JBarwick, you're right--my watch did catch the shirt sleeve, and with the combination of my long arms, it's not unusual for my sleeves to come down a bit into the jacket.

Also, I did tuck in the pocket flaps. I don't always do it but it's a better look for me, and it's easier to put things in the pockets. And you're right--I am a southerner. Picked up the loafers with a suit look at a law firm I worked at in Atlanta.
    You really shouldn't tuck the flaps. It messes with the suit's silhouette. Also, what are you putting in those pockets that can't be put in the inside pockets?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Valentine's Dinner with the girlfriend. Hard to see in the photo but that's a blue (not navy) waistcoat with charcoal slacks and black loafers. Kind of mixing up shades but I thought it worked.

Jacket - Gap
    Shirt - Uniqlo
    Vest - Bar III
    Shoes - Cole Haan
    Watch - Timex
    Two things I would have changed. A pocket square that went better with the outfit, probably plain white. And I would have done brown shoes, I just think it would have gone better. Other than that, pretty nice. Hope you enjoyed your date!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    You really shouldn't tuck the flaps. It messes with the suit's silhouette. Also, what are you putting in those pockets that can't be put in the inside pockets?
    I'm not sure what gave you that idea, but it is incorrect. Pocket flaps on well made suits are sewn specifically so they can be tucked in. Jetted pockets give a sleeker silhouette and used to be a sign of a more formal jacket (ie a tuxedo jacket used to always have jetted pockets).

The only thing to be cautious of is putting things in the pockets that are too heavy. That can cause the pockets to gape open and ruin the silhouette. Then you would have to keep the pocket flaps out to hide that gap or possibly sew them shut.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1078 Post(s)

Jacket - Gap
    Shirt - Uniqlo
    Vest - Bar III
    Shoes - Cole Haan
    Watch - Timex
    I have liked your two fits so far. While not everyone likes black shoes, they work in both of these cases.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    I'm not sure what gave you that idea, but it is incorrect. Pocket flaps on well made suits are sewn specifically so they can be tucked in. Jetted pockets give a sleeker silhouette and used to be a sign of a more formal jacket (ie a tuxedo jacket used to always have jetted pockets).

The only thing to be cautious of is putting things in the pockets that are too heavy. That can cause the pockets to gape open and ruin the silhouette. Then you would have to keep the pocket flaps out to hide that gap or possibly sew them shut.
    I don't disagree necessarily with either CJMichael Ray or connersw--I've read sources that say pocket flaps look more formal and that jetted pockets make a jacket look more formal. That said, connersw is correct--better made suits allow you to switch between untucked and tucked pockets. I've worn cheap and more expensive suits and can attest that the pockets fit in without resistance in a well-made suit, but that's not the case with a cheap suit. For me, it comes down to a matter of preference. I'm a young guy in his mid-twenties, and I just think jetted pockets look more modern and fit my style more. If I had a choice, I'd have patch pockets on all of my suit side pockets and an ordinary breast pocket.

When it comes to putting things in my pockets, I try not to put heavy things in the outer pockets, but might stick my phone and keys in each pocket when I'm walking somewhere. I sit at a desk most days so it's rare that I have things in my pockets for even an hour. Also, I'm not a huge fan on inner chest pockets because I don't like the feeling of a phone or wallet pressed up against my chest. But again, that's just preference. My philosophy on wearing suits mostly comes from the man himself, Sid Mashburn: http://www.bearingsguide.com/2010/06...video-feature/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks JBarwick!