Page 993 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 493893943983991992993994995100310431093 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,930 of 13344

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryburtier View Post
    One of my go to casual outfits:

Baracuta Harrington G9 (McQueen Stone)
    RL Custom Fit Polo (Royal Blue)
    RL V-Neck (Light Tan)
    Next Slim Chinos (Stone)
    Converse Trainers

So much stone/cream.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

LE tweed sports coat
    Paul Stuart PP OC point collar shirt
    J Press grenadine tie
    BR tweed pants
    AE chili shoes

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Nasty cold today in NYC, so continuing to wear sweaters to work more often. A little more casual than my usual work attire but so far mostly compliments from folks:

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Nasty cold today in NYC, so continuing to wear sweaters to work more often. A little more casual than my usual work attire but so far mostly compliments from folks:

Pattern on the shirt is awesome. Another one from Ratio?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    Pattern on the shirt is awesome. Another one from Ratio?
    You're picking up my trend -- all the dress shirts I wear now are Ratio... I should see if I can get credit for being a spokesperson!

Specific shirt: https://www.ratioclothing.com/produc...red-windowpane

I also have a blue/light blue windowpane from them that I really enjoy as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    You're picking up my trend -- all the dress shirts I wear now are Ratio... I should see if I can get credit for being a spokesperson!

Specific shirt: https://www.ratioclothing.com/produc...red-windowpane

I also have a blue/light blue windowpane from them that I really enjoy as well.
    You can always settle for discount referral codes to share if they don't cave on your credit!

Did you have any issues with the blueprint at first? Anything to look out for or changes you can recommend? Needing a new OCBD so this could be a good time to try them out for myself.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    You can always settle for discount referral codes to share if they don't cave on your credit!

Did you have any issues with the blueprint at first? Anything to look out for or changes you can recommend? Needing a new OCBD so this could be a good time to try them out for myself.
    I was using Ratio before they switched to the Blueprint method, so I didn't use their initial blueprinting question thing, it was info copied from my previous orders. Pretty sure they still do this, but for the first shirt I ordered, they made to my specs (at the time, just saying I wanted slim and my neck/arms) and then you could return and get it tweaked to fit you better (vs. giving you an alteration credit -- pretty neat concept, if you ask me). I found out that my arms were too large for their slim and that I needed their regular fit arms (now I think called 'standard'). They remade the shirt, along with some other tweaks to the chest/waist/seat and it came back fitting great.

Since then, I've moved the 1st button down 0.5" (makes wearing them without a tie excellent - a Joe/Dappered recommendation from a while back) and I get an extra/8th button (means I can tuck these bad boys and it stays better throughout the day, which is a god-send for my longer torso). I also add 0.25" to my left cuff to have room for my watch.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    I was using Ratio before they switched to the Blueprint method, so I didn't use their initial blueprinting question thing, it was info copied from my previous orders. Pretty sure they still do this, but for the first shirt I ordered, they made to my specs (at the time, just saying I wanted slim and my neck/arms) and then you could return and get it tweaked to fit you better (vs. giving you an alteration credit -- pretty neat concept, if you ask me). I found out that my arms were too large for their slim and that I needed their regular fit arms (now I think called 'standard'). They remade the shirt, along with some other tweaks to the chest/waist/seat and it came back fitting great.

Since then, I've moved the 1st button down 0.5" (makes wearing them without a tie excellent - a Joe/Dappered recommendation from a while back) and I get an extra/8th button (means I can tuck these bad boys and it stays better throughout the day, which is a god-send for my longer torso). I also add 0.25" to my left cuff to have room for my watch.
    You think the shirts are worth the price? They're pretty steep, no?
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    You think the shirts are worth the price? They're pretty steep, no?
    Personally, yes -- I never found an OTR shirt that fit me well (long-ish torso, thick arms/wrists, athletic/thick but not big around the torso) and by the time I buy something with a decent fabric, it was ranging into the $100+ range anyway, especially if I needed any tailoring done.

I also am not a huge shopper and am a huge fan of buying multiples/diff colors & patterns of the same thing once I find something that works for me. Being able to do that online makes it even better -- I'll pay a premium for ease of experience and consistency. YMMV, especially if OTR with little/no tailoring works for you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    also digging the shirt...can't recommend the windowpane shirts enough. wearing the regular blue windowpane today.

only one i have issues with is the plain white one...seems to wrinkle really easily, stay that way and fits me weird despite having the exact same measurements as the others (and i have 2 of them so it's not a QC issue)

i always pull up the red/light blue windowpane, think about how they're $27 more than my regular blue windowpane and closing out of the browser lol. maybe i should pull the trigger...