Page 992 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 492892942982990991992993994100210421092 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 13363

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post
    How is the fit of the jacket? For example what size do you wear in other JC vs the jacket. Is it slim or baggy?
    Thank you sir
    No problem. It's TTS and slim cut, so I wouldn't recommend you change up your usual sizing on it. I'm normally a large and that fit great for me -- jacket length was spot on (hits just about where they portray it in pictures, maybe slightly higher) and there's no extra fabric anywhere to complain about. Only semi-complaint is that the sleeves are a touch shorter than I would prefer, but it's minor and I'm also 6-4 so likely a personal problem. Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    Simple business casual today.

Uniqlo polo, Target sweater, JCF chinos, Clark's boots, Nomos watch
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewlcraft View Post
    Got to working on my new Unbranded UB221's. 21oz denim is no joke. My heaviest until now are a pair if 13.75oz Cone Levis. These are a whole 'nother ballgame.

I'm not an uber denim head, so the construction is just fine for me, especially at $50 after some Nordstrom Notes. The fit of the legs is great, not to slim or loose. The top block is kinda goofy. Very low rise and high crotch, combined with the thick material is....different. It will feel better when they soften up. The N&F weird guy these are based on has a higher back rise, which would be nice. And like N&F, the pocket openings are a bit to small, especially with how stiff they are right now.

But, overall these will be fun to break in and see the changes. With a higher rise these would be perfect as a good, heavy work wear style jean.

Size of the yarns is crazy:

Suppa short fly, legs are perfect:

Low back rise:
    If you don't mind me asking, how long would you say the cuffs are (1", 2"?) on the pair in your photo, and how tall are you?
    I ask because when I roll my denim up to the right length, something looks "off," like maybe the cuff is too long/loud.
    Yours look right though which prompted my questions above

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how long would you say the cuffs are (1", 2"?) on the pair in your photo, and how tall are you?
    I ask because when I roll my denim up to the right length, something looks "off," like maybe the cuff is too long/loud.
    Yours look right though which prompted my questions above
    Probably about 1.5". I roll once right at the hem and then over again for the smallest double roll possible. I'm 6', and a 31.5" inseam gives me a small break with dressier pants. These are a 31" waist and Unbranded lists a 34" inseam, though I haven't double checked any of the measurements.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Anybody heard from JDI lately?
    I'm wondering what's up with the old guy.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    One of my go to casual outfits:

Baracuta Harrington G9 (McQueen Stone)
    RL Custom Fit Polo (Royal Blue)
    RL V-Neck (Light Tan)
    Next Slim Chinos (Stone)
    Converse Trainers

Last edited by gerryburtier; February 10th, 2016 at 08:30 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    @gerryburtier not bad, but that's a lot of cream. I think the outfit would be helped immensely by switching the pants with some dark wash denim. Hope you don't mind the suggestion!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog Looks great! Makes me want to grab one of those target sweaters. Do you have a link for it?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    @gerryburtier not bad, but that's a lot of cream. I think the outfit would be helped immensely by switching the pants with some dark wash denim. Hope you don't mind the suggestion!

Agreed, that jacket and pants remind of Walter White in breaking bad. I think with different colored chinos the rest of the outfit would work.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    @LesserBlackDog Looks great! Makes me want to grab one of those target sweaters. Do you have a link for it?
    I think it's this: http://m.target.com/p/men-s-crew-nec...a/-/A-17174351

But I got mine off a clearance rack for like $9.
    Ben