Page 991 of 1339 FirstFirst ... 491891941981989990991992993100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,910 of 13389

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    548 Post(s)
    Well, I might as well introduce myself in here and get a subscription to the thread going.....although sadly on the daily this is typically what I wear:

Nothing very dapper, to say the least. Although I frequently hear....remarks....regarding a man in uniform, so maybe it works better than I realize.

Valentine's is coming up though, of course, so I'll have something a little more on-topic for that. More in a few days.

Glad to be here, hope to learn a bit more and improve the off-duty options.

(and yes, that's Supernatural....great way to pass the time when you're bored out of your mind waiting for class to start)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Well, I might as well introduce myself in here and get a subscription to the thread going.....although sadly on the daily this is typically what I wear:

Nothing very dapper, to say the least. Although I frequently hear....remarks....regarding a man in uniform, so maybe it works better than I realize.

Valentine's is coming up though, of course, so I'll have something a little more on-topic for that. More in a few days.

(and yes, that's Supernatural....great way to pass the time when you're bored out of your mind waiting for class to start)
    Welcome and thanks for your service. For the record, those boots look pretty Dapper

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post

Style-tip: Boot bands

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    548 Post(s)
    I used to use 'em....three deployments later, tucking is just quicker and easier. :P

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

WIWT

Temperature in the low 20's this morning. Had snow flurries all day yesterday. If it was raining, they'd maybe shut Atlanta as a city down for today haha.

JC topcoat, vest, flannel-lined pants
    BR sweater
    Lacoste polo
    Grenson boots

I'm thinking hard on getting the jacket version of this vest. Edit: $90 on the website
    Last edited by DuFrank; February 10th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post
    JC topcoat, vest, flannel-lined pants
    BR sweater
    Lacoste polo
    Grenson boots

I'm thinking hard on getting the jacket version of this vest. Edit: $90 on the website
    The peak lapels on the topcoat are a really nice detail. Also, I bought the matching jacket (assuming Sussex) and can vouch for it -- perfect weight for the cool days.

ThreadStats says it's at 62.99 but I can't get the promo SHOPNOW to apply, so either an error or I'm missing something... http://www.threadstats.com/product/ckm. EDIT: I paid around $90 myself and can't complain.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)

Jacket: JC Penney
    Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie & Square: The Tie Bar
    Pants: JC Penney
    Shoes: Thrifted Shell

Edit: imgur is blocked on my work computer (I type out the URL's when I post the images), but it tends to still let me see pictures hyperlinked in threads, but I'm seeing X's. Is it showing my pics for the rest of y'all?

NVM fixed it.
    Last edited by CJMichaelRay; February 10th, 2016 at 12:14 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    The peak lapels on the topcoat are a really nice detail. Also, I bought the matching jacket (assuming Sussex) and can vouch for it -- perfect weight for the cool days.

ThreadStats says it's at 62.99 but I can't get the promo SHOPNOW to apply, so either an error or I'm missing something... http://www.threadstats.com/product/ckm. EDIT: I paid around $90 myself and can't complain.
    How is the fit of the jacket? For example what size do you wear in other JC vs the jacket. Is it slim or baggy?
    Thank you sir

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post
    How is the fit of the jacket? For example what size do you wear in other JC vs the jacket. Is it slim or baggy?
    Thank you sir
    I had the Sussex in Navy (still mad I lost it....) and the Medium was TTS, and Im a medium in everything JC

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Got to working on my new Unbranded UB221's. 21oz denim is no joke. My heaviest until now are a pair if 13.75oz Cone Levis. These are a whole 'nother ballgame.

I'm not an uber denim head, so the construction is just fine for me, especially at $50 after some Nordstrom Notes. The fit of the legs is great, not to slim or loose. The top block is kinda goofy. Very low rise and high crotch, combined with the thick material is....different. It will feel better when they soften up. The N&F weird guy these are based on has a higher back rise, which would be nice. And like N&F, the pocket openings are a bit to small, especially with how stiff they are right now.

But, overall these will be fun to break in and see the changes. With a higher rise these would be perfect as a good, heavy work wear style jean.

Size of the yarns is crazy:

Suppa short fly, legs are perfect:

Low back rise: