Page 905 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 4058058558959039049059069079159551005 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,050 of 13339

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Sorry, trew = trousers. lol.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vespertiliovir View Post
    Sorry, trew = trousers. lol.
    They are both suits. I wear light grey or light/mid grey trousers with blue sportcoats though. That's my uniform (blue jacket grey trousers) when I'm not wearing a suit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post

Picture on the top is me and representative of how I normally dress. The bottom picture is me when I first got into menswear. Thought I'd share

Top:
    SuSu Havana
    SuSu shirt
    Brooks Brothers tie

Bottom:
    Hugo Boss, purchased NWT for $200 (eBay). Would have been a good deal, but I never wear it.
    CT gingham shirt. Doesn't look that bad, I guess. I'm not a big fan of gingham. Funny story, the gingham shirt actually has french cuffs. I had no clue.
    Tie bar tie. I still kind of like this tie. It just looks so cheap.
    I obviously can't see the whole ensemble but I like the bottom pattern matching and such better than the top.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    I obviously can't see the whole ensemble but I like the bottom pattern matching and such better than the top.
    The bottom is very much more of a younger man's look. I don't like gingham with suits, personally. That may have something to do with my age. I'm 33 and don't find the gq aesthetic particularly pleasing. I was 31 when I bought the clothes in the bottom look, so still not a child by any means. The outfit certainly still looks good. I just feel it comes off a little less reserved than I generally am.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    What is the "gq aesthetic"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post

Picture on the top is me and representative of how I normally dress. The bottom picture is me when I first got into menswear. Thought I'd share

CT gingham shirt. Doesn't look that bad, I guess. I'm not a big fan of gingham. Funny story, the gingham shirt actually has french cuffs. I had no clue.
    I bought that exact same shirt during the latest CT 3/$99 sale and was also surprised to find that it had French cuffs. No clue how I let that one slip through the cracks. It's a beautiful shirt though.

I like the gingam fabrics. I used to travel to the UK a lot about 5 years ago and and would see a lot of the bold patterned gingams there and not be able to find them for sale when I came home.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    What is the "gq aesthetic"
    Go to the gq website and click on style. Look through the suits on the site and it should be pretty clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First post. This was actually the beginning of October, but thought I would post anyways.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    On the CharlesG pictures, I like both and I am about to be 30. I don't like the stars or whatever they are on the gingham and the tie looks a little busy with both dots and flowers but it can work. The top picture looks great to me. It does take some skill which you just acquire over the #menswear lifetime to try different things and see how they work.

Wolves - I think the jacket and pants are too close in color so it is hard to see a break from jacket to pants. The fit of the clothes looks great though. Also some don't like the air tie look, I am fine with it but wouldn't wear it myself.

When I started out I used to just hate certain styles but now have grown to accept certain things that while I don't like them other people do.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Beautiful late fall Sunday, 13*C & sunny. Morning was errands a Costco stop, this afternoon late lunch @ mother in law's:
    Vest: Patagonia Down Bivy
    Crewneck sweatshirt: JCF
    Gingham OCBD: PRL
    Cords: Gap 1969 slims
    Belt: H&M
    Clarks Orignals DBs taupe suede
    Timex Weekender
    Rayban aviators