Page 904 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949029039049059069149541004 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 13258

Thread: WIWT

  1. #9031
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,487
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    So THAT's how you pull off a lavender/purple check shirt...huh. Looks good. I can't ever bring myself to venture into that spectrum of the color wheel; too intimidating for me.
    Thanks - I find it's pretty easy to work with "louder" colors when the majority of your wardrobe is otherwise neutral. This shirt is particularly easy because it's got navy blue mixed in so it's already rather toned-down. Could have toned things down even more by sticking with a navy tie and a more traditional shoe color.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    What jacket is that?
    Not sure, it's past-season. Bought it pre-owned from another forum member.
    Ben

  2. #9032
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    First time posting in WIWT. Nerves.



    Suit: navy wool Ludlow
    Shirt: white royal oxford from Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie: gray plaid from Express
    Accessories: royal blue tie bar and white cotton pocket square (green edges hidden by the fold) from Tie Bar, aviators from H&M, hat from an in-house Gilt brand

    Not pictured: royal blue cashmere socks from I don't remember where, black wholecuts from Allen Edmonds, vintage camel hair peacoat

  3. #9033
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,761
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    Did a version of the Ludlow have 3-buttons at one point? I think it looks good other than to say I am not a hat or tie bar guy. Maybe works?

  4. #9034
    Varsity Member Rocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Philly burbs
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Did a version of the Ludlow have 3-buttons at one point? I think it looks good other than to say I am not a hat or tie bar guy. Maybe works?
    It could be a 3-roll-2. My local JCF had a bunch of navy 3-roll-2 Ludlow suit jackets on the clearance rack last summer. I remember looking up the item number on J.Crew's website, but I can't remember it now.

  5. #9035
    Varsity Member thecharlesg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Did a version of the Ludlow have 3-buttons at one point? I think it looks good other than to say I am not a hat or tie bar guy. Maybe works?
    I was thinking it looks like a 3 roll 2. I don't think that's possible though. The Ludlow is not an Italian inspired suit, so I don't imagine they would use that kind of detail.

  6. #9036
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Did a version of the Ludlow have 3-buttons at one point? I think it looks good other than to say I am not a hat or tie bar guy. Maybe works?
    Thanks! I'm not a tie or tie bar guy most of the time; I'm all about open collar and pocket square. I had an interview with a state agency today or I'd be in the same outfit sans tie and plus a more colorful pocket square. (I knew half the interview panel so was comfortable bringing a little sprezz.)

    It could be a 3-roll-2. My local JCF had a bunch of navy 3-roll-2 Ludlow suit jackets on the clearance rack last summer. I remember looking up the item number on J.Crew's website, but I can't remember it now.
    Exactly right: it's a Ludlow 3-roll-2.

  7. #9037
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    First time posting in WIWT. Nerves.



    Suit: navy wool Ludlow
    Shirt: white royal oxford from Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie: gray plaid from Express
    Accessories: royal blue tie bar and white cotton pocket square (green edges hidden by the fold) from Tie Bar, aviators from H&M, hat from an in-house Gilt brand

    Not pictured: royal blue cashmere socks from I don't remember where, black wholecuts from Allen Edmonds, vintage camel hair peacoat

    Sharp bud, but need to size down on the sunglasses. Welcome.

  8. #9038
    Varsity Member thecharlesg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)


    Picture on the top is me and representative of how I normally dress. The bottom picture is me when I first got into menswear. Thought I'd share

    Top:
    SuSu Havana
    SuSu shirt
    Brooks Brothers tie

    Bottom:
    Hugo Boss, purchased NWT for $200 (eBay). Would have been a good deal, but I never wear it.
    CT gingham shirt. Doesn't look that bad, I guess. I'm not a big fan of gingham. Funny story, the gingham shirt actually has french cuffs. I had no clue.
    Tie bar tie. I still kind of like this tie. It just looks so cheap.

  9. #9039
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Like today's look a lot but would like it even more with a less formal tie (I think a knit would be great). What trew you got? Please say light grey. And what do you think of the susu shirts? I've heard not necessarily positive things...

    The "before" pic is better than most of us manage even now

  10. #9040
    Varsity Member thecharlesg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vespertiliovir View Post
    Like today's look a lot but would like it even more with a less formal tie (I think a knit would be great). What trew you got? Please say light grey. And what do you think of the susu shirts? I've heard not necessarily positive things...

    The "before" pic is better than most of us manage even now
    I'm not sure what you mean by trew? I like Suitsupply's shirts. I've got both on eBay and doubt I would pay retail for them. But they are pretty nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •