Page 904 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949029039049059069149541004 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 13258

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    So THAT's how you pull off a lavender/purple check shirt...huh. Looks good. I can't ever bring myself to venture into that spectrum of the color wheel; too intimidating for me.
    Thanks - I find it's pretty easy to work with "louder" colors when the majority of your wardrobe is otherwise neutral. This shirt is particularly easy because it's got navy blue mixed in so it's already rather toned-down. Could have toned things down even more by sticking with a navy tie and a more traditional shoe color.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    What jacket is that?
    Not sure, it's past-season. Bought it pre-owned from another forum member.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    First time posting in WIWT. Nerves.

Suit: navy wool Ludlow
    Shirt: white royal oxford from Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie: gray plaid from Express
    Accessories: royal blue tie bar and white cotton pocket square (green edges hidden by the fold) from Tie Bar, aviators from H&M, hat from an in-house Gilt brand

Not pictured: royal blue cashmere socks from I don't remember where, black wholecuts from Allen Edmonds, vintage camel hair peacoat

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    Did a version of the Ludlow have 3-buttons at one point? I think it looks good other than to say I am not a hat or tie bar guy. Maybe works?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Did a version of the Ludlow have 3-buttons at one point? I think it looks good other than to say I am not a hat or tie bar guy. Maybe works?
    It could be a 3-roll-2. My local JCF had a bunch of navy 3-roll-2 Ludlow suit jackets on the clearance rack last summer. I remember looking up the item number on J.Crew's website, but I can't remember it now.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    I was thinking it looks like a 3 roll 2. I don't think that's possible though. The Ludlow is not an Italian inspired suit, so I don't imagine they would use that kind of detail.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Thanks! I'm not a tie or tie bar guy most of the time; I'm all about open collar and pocket square. I had an interview with a state agency today or I'd be in the same outfit sans tie and plus a more colorful pocket square. (I knew half the interview panel so was comfortable bringing a little sprezz.)

It could be a 3-roll-2. My local JCF had a bunch of navy 3-roll-2 Ludlow suit jackets on the clearance rack last summer. I remember looking up the item number on J.Crew's website, but I can't remember it now.
    Exactly right: it's a Ludlow 3-roll-2.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    First time posting in WIWT. Nerves.

Suit: navy wool Ludlow
    Shirt: white royal oxford from Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie: gray plaid from Express
    Accessories: royal blue tie bar and white cotton pocket square (green edges hidden by the fold) from Tie Bar, aviators from H&M, hat from an in-house Gilt brand

Not pictured: royal blue cashmere socks from I don't remember where, black wholecuts from Allen Edmonds, vintage camel hair peacoat

Sharp bud, but need to size down on the sunglasses. Welcome.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)

Picture on the top is me and representative of how I normally dress. The bottom picture is me when I first got into menswear. Thought I'd share

Top:
    SuSu Havana
    SuSu shirt
    Brooks Brothers tie

Bottom:
    Hugo Boss, purchased NWT for $200 (eBay). Would have been a good deal, but I never wear it.
    CT gingham shirt. Doesn't look that bad, I guess. I'm not a big fan of gingham. Funny story, the gingham shirt actually has french cuffs. I had no clue.
    Tie bar tie. I still kind of like this tie. It just looks so cheap.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Like today's look a lot but would like it even more with a less formal tie (I think a knit would be great). What trew you got? Please say light grey. And what do you think of the susu shirts? I've heard not necessarily positive things...

The "before" pic is better than most of us manage even now

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vespertiliovir View Post
    Like today's look a lot but would like it even more with a less formal tie (I think a knit would be great). What trew you got? Please say light grey. And what do you think of the susu shirts? I've heard not necessarily positive things...

The "before" pic is better than most of us manage even now
    I'm not sure what you mean by trew? I like Suitsupply's shirts. I've got both on eBay and doubt I would pay retail for them. But they are pretty nice.