Page 855 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 355755805845853854855856857865905955 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 13346

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    No, I have a casual cotton blazer that gets action with Chinos and Jeans, was looking for a versatile jacket fabric that I could wear hopefully year round (live in NC--temperature stays pretty moderate and I run pretty hot anyways) with dressed up chinos (JCrew Bowery) and then also grey wool pants. Was thinking a hopsack jacket would hit all the check marks vs. a worsted wool. My work is very casual so never need one for work, but would still like to find a versatile jacket I could dress up or down to wear on the weekends on date nights, events, etc.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PekkaKarhunen View Post
    Ok, so today was going to be the day I remembered to take a fit-pic for the first time, but I forgot... maybe tomorrow? And what a shame it was- as a reasonably vocal "no nothern lights, no navy pants not part of a suit!" person here, today I happened to be wearing a white polo and navy cotton/linen pants that, yes, were in fact part of a suit. I was planning on reveling in the irony (or hypocrisy, if you're not feeling charitable).

Excuses having been laid to rest, allow me to make un-requested comments. @Shomas - I think up top and on the feet, you're killing it, but I can't help but think pants that fit a little fuller and possessed just a slightly higher rise (not sty-fo igent high but higher than bonobos allows) would serve you so much better.
    @jharrisonbarrett - bravo! bra-[REDACTED]-vo! (slight bias- I have white tretorns with the navy details and they are magnificent)
    I think that's a fair take. This suit is Bonobos' slim fit, which ordinarily wouldn't be my preference, but for the price, it was not something I could pass up. I think the slimness would also be slightly less pronounced with a lower profile shoe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperedHoo View Post
    No, I have a casual cotton blazer that gets action with Chinos and Jeans, was looking for a versatile jacket fabric that I could wear hopefully year round (live in NC--temperature stays pretty moderate and I run pretty hot anyways) with dressed up chinos (JCrew Bowery) and then also grey wool pants. Was thinking a hopsack jacket would hit all the check marks vs. a worsted wool. My work is very casual so never need one for work, but would still like to find a versatile jacket I could dress up or down to wear on the weekends on date nights, events, etc.
    depending on the weight hopsack is not suited for winter. Usually hopsack is a very light fabric, mine is 9-10oz. I know there are heavier weight hopsack fabrics, but my tailor and friend, said hopsack is almost exclusively a summer fabric, because it is airier than linen. You don't want so much air flow in winter. Being a summer fabric, hopsack would look weird in winter, like linen.
    Unfortunately I discovered years ago 4seasons fabric just don't exist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

It's Friday! Keeping it casual today.

Shirt: Star Wars!
    Joggers: AZ
    Shoes: Call It Spring

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Thanks @sogno. Yeah, may have been wishful thinking that I could get by with one main Navy jacket for all seasons. I really just don't wear jackets enough to justify one for all seasons, at least right now. Maybe that will change some day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndintel View Post

It's Friday! Keeping it casual today.

Shirt: Star Wars!
    Joggers: AZ
    Shoes: Call It Spring
    I like your Star wars shirt, its really cool.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Thanks @fiftyforfifty! To be honest....I got the most compliments I've ever had while wearing this shirt! Every other person had something to nice to say about it. Luckily there are plenty out there in just about every store. Just got lucky and picked the graphic tee that had a hint of fasihon (floral) but a style that will never die (Star Wars!)

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Monday blues & greens
    Shirt: J.Crew Turquoise micro-gingham
    Pants: J.Crew 'Caravan Blue' or Bluebird in urban slim fit
    Shoes: Kenton Suede Bucks in 'Boulder'

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Wedding this past weekend, and my first submission to this forum. Be gentle.

Suit: JCF Seersucker
    Shirt: Uniqlo
    Tie: English Laundry
    Tie Bar: JCF
    Pocket Square: Goodwill
    Shoes: Cole Haan Preston

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    @jharrisonbarrett - Love the fit. The shoes look like they are buckling out though.
    @BillN - Looks good other than the indoor light throwing off the colors. The orange tie seems a little bold for a wedding but nothing wild and pea cocking.