Page 851 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 351751801841849850851852853861901951 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 13421

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    I'll give a little background to why I shy away from Windsor knots. I tend to gravitate toward the modern dandy look. This look is not always appropriate; so I am normally toned down. I normally do try to incorporate some of what I've found online into my looks. My favorite people to follow on Instagram are Khaled Nasr, Mr. Raro, and Daniel Zaccone. I prefer an Italian look with soft shoulders. I also prefer spread/semi-spread collars with long enough collar points to fit under my lapels. Lastly I like variations of the FIH knot. I can't dress like a dandy at all times, because I wouldn't be taken seriously in a professional setting. What I can do is incorporate parts of the look.

Here is a great article on the FIH knot, from Articles of Style, who I consider to be a wonderful resource.
    Serious question: what does "modern dandy" mean?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    I even used an Oxford comma--how's that for anal retentive?
    I'm an Oxford comma man, but I consider it a sign of sensibility rather than anal retentiveness.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    The definition of dandy is as follows :a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance. I'm going to assume you know the definition of modern. Generally speaking, I'd say big lapels, big shirt collars, soft shoulders, bold colors, FIH knots... Look at the instagrams of the people I mentioned and that should give you a good idea.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)

Like this. I normally wear suits to work. They are usually not wildly styled. I have to maintain some level of professionalism. However, I like these styles and incorporate what I can.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    The definition of dandy is as follows :a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance. I'm going to assume you know the definition of modern. Generally speaking, I'd say big lapels, big shirt collars, soft shoulders, bold colors, FIH knots... Look at the instagrams of the people I mentioned and that should give you a good idea.
    Interesting. I also wear suits to work. Required. I tend to stick to "boring" color shirts in white, light blue, light grey and ties in navy, gray, black, burgundy, and dark purple. I also stick to windsors ties daily

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Interesting. I also wear suits to work. Required. I tend to stick to "boring" color shirts in white, light blue, light grey and ties in navy, gray, black, burgundy, and dark purple. I also stick to windsors ties daily
    I'm the same with shirts, I wear white or light blue almost everyday. Sometimes I'll throw some stripes in or a contrast collar. I don't wear checks with suits, unless a micro check.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    I have a few striped shirts. Like to wear them with solid ties. As I have gotten older, I'm 30, I prefer a lot less flash with my ties

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Although I love to be casual all time, but have to wear suit, but then I try to wear lively ties, Paisley print ties in red, turquoise, Navy blue, rust ... are my favourite.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Chicago flight.

Shirt - J Crew Seersucker
    Chinos - Izod
    Belt - Dockers
    Shoes - Kenneth Cole
    Socks - In storage
    Time-X Weekender

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    Jacket and shirt: Hugo Boss
    Tie: Canali
    Pants: BRF
    Shoes: Bexley of Paris

I love the knots this tie makes...my Drake's from yesterday was having issues.