Page 818 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 3187187688088168178188198208288689181318 ... LastLast
Results 8,171 to 8,180 of 13421

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    There is something about that pocket square, doesn't quite work. I don't know if a different shade of red would work better, white would be work of course. Probably something less solid would be better. The contrast between the suit and the square makes it more intense, when I think that pocket square is intense itself.
    Last edited by ryn; April 21st, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    There is something about that pocket square, doesn't quite work. I don't know if a different shade of red would work better, white would be work of course. Probably something less solid would be better. The contrast between the suit and the square makes it more intense, when I think that pocket square is intense itself.
    I agree. For my money, the best option would either be a sharp white TV folded pocket square or (a little more flashily) a white square with a red border. In any event, that H&M suit looks a hell of a lot better in these pics than I would expect one to ever look - so very well done on that.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    This is my first time wearing this jacket with a tie. The jacket seemed too casual for a tie, but I figured I'd check it out today. What do you fellas think? I need to shorten the sleeves a tiny bit.

Shirt: BB
    Jacket: J Crew Linen Herringbone
    Tie: TTB
    Pants: BR
    Shoes: AE

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Great look! I love how grenadine can bridge the gap between casual and dressed up; I don't think a silk tie would look quite as good here. I'm not a fan of Ludlow lapels, but you're trim enough to pull it off.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    I like that the shoes give it some color. B/W HB doesn't photograph well. Also I need to start the dappered multi-colored pocket square group. Everyone here is white, tv fold but we need some colors up in here!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Road day. Calls, bar, LAX.

JB, my squares are rarely white and usually puffed....

Suit - Caravelli Italy
    Shirt - BR
    Pocket Square - Bows-n-ties.com
    Tie - The Tie Bar http://www.thetiebar.com/product/35525
    Tie Bar - JCP
    Belt - Dockers
    Shoes - Steve Madden
    Timex

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Great look! I love how grenadine can bridge the gap between casual and dressed up; I don't think a silk tie would look quite as good here. I'm not a fan of Ludlow lapels, but you're trim enough to pull it off.
    Agree on the textured tie. Try a different color tie (maybe something with yellow/orange/or gold to compliment the blue) and use the pocket square to add another small bit of the blues.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I like that the shoes give it some color. B/W HB doesn't photograph well. Also I need to start the dappered multi-colored pocket square group. Everyone here is white, tv fold but we need some colors up in here!
    I am a big proponent of white pocket squares in a TV fold. I have a few colored ones, mostly solid. I figured this jacket is different enough so I tried to keep everything else toned down. I may think that because I have never worn this jacket with a tie until today.

Thanks for the thoughts guys

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    @JDI - I am a big fan of puffed pocket squares. Just grab it an throw it in there. I really need to buy some to wear.

Also I ordered the SuSu jacket from yesterday (SB, PL) so we will see how it is when it arrives. I had to size up to a 42 in the fit. If it is all wrong, pocket squares and ties for me!

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)
    Forecast is for 71°F today, so I am feeling rather springy:

SS wool/silk/linen jacket, BB OCBD, JCF chinos, PRL suede wingtips, Hamilton watch.
    Ben