Page 817 of 1321 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078158168178188198278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 13207

Thread: WIWT

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Boring color set today. Jacket is navy tweed but hard to tell in the morning shadows.

Also I decided to keep some old Alfani Red pants from a suit I had to buy for a wedding. Jacket was terrible but the pants fit great. While not 100% wool, I like them enough I would buy more as they fit in the thigh area quite well

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Boring color set today. Jacket is navy tweed but hard to tell in the morning shadows.

Also I decided to keep some old Alfani Red pants from a suit I had to buy for a wedding. Jacket was terrible but the pants fit great. While not 100% wool, I like them enough I would buy more as they fit in the thigh area quite well

Would have been good with yesterday's tie...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Stuck in office again.

Shirt - James Campbell - LA
    Belt - Same
    Pants - Perry Ellis (Dry cleaner "gonna get smacked" for those hard creases)
    Shoes - 2+ Italy
    Watch - Invicta Automatic Sub w/eBay band

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDI View Post
    Would have been good with yesterday's tie...
    2 reasons I wore this tie today: 1. My wife bought it for me back in 2010; 2. It is hard to pair in my wardrobe so it looks fine with a plain white shirt and gray pants.

After yesterdays talk of a solid tie with my other jacket I am thinking of buying a rust colored and a hunter green colored tie from Chipp. Do I need them? No. I am in a wardrobe funk of should I buy more or wear what I have and get better at matching...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    2 reasons I wore this tie today: 1. My wife bought it for me back in 2010; 2. It is hard to pair in my wardrobe so it looks fine with a plain white shirt and gray pants.

After yesterdays talk of a solid tie with my other jacket I am thinking of buying a rust colored and a hunter green colored tie from Chipp. Do I need them? No. I am in a wardrobe funk of should I buy more or wear what I have and get better at matching...
    I thought you said you had RED pants, but re-read post and I get it now....start a thread with photos of everything you own and let the forum put together some combos to get back on track.
    If you use the color wheel, add in some texture and don't f up the pattern matches, you will be good to go. For someone like me who doesn't know much about fashion, it seems to work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks JDI, they look great! I've been looking to get some grey desert boots but shopping online made me uncertain about the color.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

Coming from one who dresses "boring"...looks sharp to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Who makes the jacket, @JBarwick? Looks nice and fuzzy. I like the ensemble, but I do think a different tie would be even better. You mention Chipp -- maybe one of their madders?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    @vespertiliovir - J.Crew tweed from a couple years ago. Joe says they are like wearing a blanket and I agree. The new ones are suppose to be lighter.

Still debating on purchasing more things. My wife gave me the go ahead for another blazer which would put an end to wanting another for a while. But a couple of ties and maybe a pocket square could go a long way. As for the below items, any suggestions of other items would be great. Peak lapels are sort of a want currently but branching out the tie game would be nice.

Current thoughts:
    Peak Lapel, single-breasted, blue sport coat: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...1=Peak%20Lapel
    Peak Lapel, double-breasted, blue sport coat: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...ble%20Breasted
    or
    Ties: http://www.chippneckwear.com/rust-grenadine-tie/ http://www.chippneckwear.com/forest-grenadine-tie/ http://www.chippneckwear.com/navy-an...all-print-tie/
    Pocket Square: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index...lk-square.html

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Suit game today:

Suit: H&M
    Shirt: Izod
    Pocket Square: H&M
    Tie: Calvin Klein
    Tiebar: Simon's
    Watch: Fossil