Page 804 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 3047047547948028038048058068148549041304 ... LastLast
Results 8,031 to 8,040 of 13291

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I know my outfit is the same old stuff I've been posting for the past few months, but I did at least want to show off a couple new things. Pardon the dirty bathroom mirror, by the way.

BB OCBD (new -- in case the photo makes it hard to tell, it's lavender in color)
    Dickies belt
    Levi's 505s
    PRL argyle socks (also new)
    Sebago Campsides (vintage made in USA)

To those of you who are tired of seeing me with the same jeans and the same cheap belt, you may remember that I said I'm trying to lose weight and will only get new pants and stuff once I'm down a pants size or 2. Well, I'm happy to report that I'm now able to cinch my belt yet another hole tighter! Without a belt my pants are plenty loose. Heck, I was wearing shorts the other day, and I had to keep my hands in my pockets when I stood or walked so they wouldn't sag (they were cargo shorts -- a belt wouldn't look right with those, IMO)!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    Congrats on the weight loss, Mercer. Keep up the great work!!!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Sweater GAP
    OCBD JCF
    Jeans Levis 559
    Shoes CDB
    Stain on the OCBD was breakfast, just noticing it now, ha!
    Last edited by Creature; April 3rd, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    solid.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    @Mercer keep it up!
    @Creature. I like it, but if you would allow me one minor critique: tuck the shirt in. Looks great.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Shirt: J Crew seersucker button-down in blue gingham. Trying my luck with the no-undershirt approach; I sweat, so an undershirt is usually a must, but I seem to be having good luck omitting the undershirt with more breathable fabrics. (I keep a spare undershirt in my desk at work in case I badly miscalculate, ha ha.)

Belt: Basic El Cheapo Gap brown leather.

Pants: J Crew "Bleecker" summer-weight chino in admiral blue.

Socks: Sock Factory multicolored striped (not visible).

Shoes: Allen Edmonds brown wingtips.

Sorry about the big ol' tablet in the way, it's the best camera I have easy access to.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    TGIGF.....off to "club" for early happy hour....my son adjusted the filter setting on my iPhone camera back to normal, colors sb good from now on..

Sweater - BR
    Seersucker Shirt - Castaway Nantucket Island
    Jeans - Levi's 511
    Belt - James Campbell LA
    Boots - Kenneth Cole
    Watch - Marina Militare w/another new eBay band...like this one. I know it doesn't match the boots or belt, but the stitching does.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbi2k View Post

Shirt: J Crew seersucker button-down in blue gingham. Trying my luck with the no-undershirt approach; I sweat, so an undershirt is usually a must, but I seem to be having good luck omitting the undershirt with more breathable fabrics. (I keep a spare undershirt in my desk at work in case I badly miscalculate, ha ha.)

Belt: Basic El Cheapo Gap brown leather.

Pants: J Crew "Bleecker" summer-weight chino in admiral blue.

Socks: Sock Factory multicolored striped (not visible).

Shoes: Allen Edmonds brown wingtips.

Sorry about the big ol' tablet in the way, it's the best camera I have easy access to.
    If you haven't already, I recommend picking up a high-quality, natural, aluminum-free deodorant if you go the undershirtless route. The chemical reaction between aluminum, sweat, and laundry detergent is what causes nasty yellow pit stains. I've been going sans-undershirt using Herban Cowboy natural deodorant for the past several years without developing any pit stains on my shirts.

I bring it up since I know avoiding staining shirts is a big reason that a lot of guys prefer to use undershirts.
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; April 3rd, 2015 at 01:22 PM.
    Ben

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)

Suit - Graham & Gunn
    Shirt - BB ESF
    Watch - Seiko
    Shoes - J&M
    Belt - T. Hilfiger

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If you haven't already, I recommend picking up a high-quality, natural, aluminum-free deodorant if you go the undershirtless route. The chemical reaction between aluminum, sweat, and laundry detergent is what causes nasty yellow pit stains. I've been going sans-undershirt using Herban Cowboy natural deodorant for the past several years without developing any pit stains on my shirts.
    Antiperspirants never really worked for me, and I have a mild allergic reaction to some of the stronger stuff on the market, so after my shower I cup a little water in my palm, dissolve a sprinkle of baking soda in it, and slap it on my pits before drying off. It kills all the stank bacteria and doesn't cause staining.

I might give that Herban Cowboy stuff a shot, though.