Page 802 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3027027527928008018028038048128529021302 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,020 of 13346

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Plane ride to the Midwest....work, work, work. Can't get iPhone to reproduce consistent colors with the forward facing camera. Sport Coat is Dark Navy Blue...slacks are brown...

Jacket - Alfani - Macy's
    Pocket Square - eBay
    Cardigan - BR
    Shirt - Club Room - Macy's
    Pants - BR
    Loafers - Gordon Rush
    Belt - James Campbell
    Watch - Timex

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Monday morning
    Jacket: Hickey Freeman
    Tie: Burberrys
    Shirt: Brooks Brothers
    Pants: BR
    Shoes: Bexley

You like the full break in the slacks? Pant legs look full cut so maybe thats better. Your jeans look similar in break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks JBarwick. I will good idea. Not sure what happened to pic of watch.
    If you do not stand for something, you might fall for anything.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    @JDI - My jeans are pre-dapperer days so I am going with them until they need replacing. My pants are early Dappered days which are BR Tailer Slim fit in 33x32 which is about half an inch to an inch too long. I like a little break and the pants above show that plus a little. Part of this is how often I press my pants which would be "not enough" as I only do it every 5-6 wears which equates to 2-3 months. Also the pants above are the first BR Flannel which was 100% wool and could hardly hold a crease.

Overall I am ok with my pants though they could be altered slightly. I am not a huge fan of the cut anymore and like a slightly fuller leg cut which I will try to remember and post when I wear the ones I would love to have copied by some MTM company though $100+ for a pair of pants does not make me eager to get a few made.

Sorry for the long post but last is order of things to replace: 1. Shirts I hate with maybe some Spier and Mckay, 2. Peak Lapel Sport Coat (could be first), 3. Figure out pants I love.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @JDI - My jeans are pre-dapperer days so I am going with them until they need replacing. My pants are early Dappered days which are BR Tailer Slim fit in 33x32 which is about half an inch to an inch too long. I like a little break and the pants above show that plus a little. Part of this is how often I press my pants which would be "not enough" as I only do it every 5-6 wears which equates to 2-3 months. Also the pants above are the first BR Flannel which was 100% wool and could hardly hold a crease.
    The break looks fine to me. I too found BR Pants to be a good fit for me and if you are patient and stack codes you can get the wool ones for around 45 bucks. I haven't found a fit that I like any better for a reasonable price which is why my pants are about 2/3 BR TSF. If you know of any that fit similar lmk. I am also a 33/32 actually.

Side note on pants break: I am not super picky about it. At some point I got in my head that unless you are standing still and straight 1/2 inch either way doesn't make a huge difference. I have found myself going away from the minimal break look lately in favor of 1/4 to 1/2 breaks. I used to like to show off my socks a lot more.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    The break looks fine to me. I too found BR Pants to be a good fit for me and if you are patient and stack codes you can get the wool ones for around 45 bucks. I haven't found a fit that I like any better for a reasonable price which is why my pants are about 2/3 BR TSF. If you know of any that fit similar lmk. I am also a 33/32 actually.

Side note on pants break: I am not super picky about it. At some point I got in my head that unless you are standing still and straight 1/2 inch either way doesn't make a huge difference. I have found myself going away from the minimal break look lately in favor of 1/4 to 1/2 breaks. I used to like to show off my socks a lot more.
    Some pants I like but are a blend and not 100% wool:
    1. BR Factory Modern or Tailored fit - These are blend and the leg opening is slightly wider but I love the fit. Very straight lines and the blend fabric helps hold creases.
    2. Alfani Red - I had to pick some of these up for a wedding I was in and the pants don't fit bad but again a blend.

Also like you I wait for stacking codes of something like 40% plus the email code of 25% so you get over 50% off. I am okay with 40% but I don't know why some of their wool pants get up into the mid-$100s while others can stay at the usual $98.50

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    last tweed of the season? Hopefully ☺

sorry for the crappy on the go pics. Just in case I put the tweeds away until fall after today I felt I should commemorate the day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Near the Mistake on the Lake....

Color off, pants navy blue, and sweater navy/grey

Sweater - BR
    Shirt - Black and Brown
    Pants - BR
    Shoes - Steve Madden
    Belt - James Campbell
    Watch - Timex
    Collar Stays - Metal Magnetic - Amazon - Use them on all my shirts, all the time....can't live without.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)

Long time, no WIWT.

This is not an April Fools' joke... I picked up this bolo tie to wear at a western-themed charity ball I'll be attending next month. I'm giving it a test run today and it's definitely more hipster than cowboy with this particular outfit. I'm kind of digging it though.

Stafford shirt, Target cardigan, JCF cords, Seiko watch, Chippewa boots.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    He's gone full Romo.

[]winky face[/]