Page 723 of 1340 FirstFirst ... 2236236737137217227237247257337738231223 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 13400

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    @TarheelDan nice. What is that shirt? Not sure if it is brand new, you are fantastic at pressing collars, or if is just a great shirt but I have trouble getting my collars to look that crisp.

I like the outfit except I would have probably went for a solid white PS depending on where I was going since there is a lot going on with the stripes and the tie. That's just me though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    @TarheelDanI would have probably went for a solid white PS
    Thank you for the feedback, and I agree! I was thinking the same thing as I was posting these.

The shirt, and the suit were made by the tailor I've been going to since 2004 in Bangkok (Narry).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    @TarheelDanI like the outfit except I would have probably went for a solid white PS depending on where I was going since there is a lot going on with the stripes and the tie. That's just me though.
    Agreed. Combined with the striped silk tie, it looks a little department store/Mens Wearhouse. I find solid silk squares to have very limited usefulness.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TarheelDan View Post
    @TarheelDan, looking like a well dressed Secret Service Agent lol...Agree with the PS comments...but great look overall. I wish I could just go overseas and have suits made...Im Jelly...
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    I find solid silk squares to have very limited usefulness.
    I think I might soon find this to be true (just started buying pocket squares). I don't like busy ones, not in the least, so probably dots and very simple patterns are where I'll end up.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMan View Post
    @TarheelDanI wish I could just go overseas and have suits made...Im Jelly...
    I'm lucky my folks live in Bangkok - so it's good family time at Christmas that happens to also be an opportunity to have some nice clothes made for very little scratch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TarheelDan View Post
    I think I might soon find this to be true (just started buying pocket squares). I don't like busy ones, not in the least, so probably dots and very simple patterns are where I'll end up.
    i find the only pocket squares worth using are solid white ones and crazy looking ones. for me, it needs to pop or it's not worth wearing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fey View Post
    i find the only pocket squares worth using are solid white ones and crazy looking ones
    Interesting point. I'll try to keep an open mind, but I don't think that's me.

Here's WIWT. I've instituted new rules where a) I can't wear a shirt to work again until I've worn all of the other ones first, and b) that I have to wear a tie with it. This is quite a challenge, as I bought a lot of striped shirts that I never intended to wear with a tie - and now I have to figure out a way to make it at least passable for the day. Hoping I'll learn something from this, and I'll have the photos to reflect on later.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Nice stories. What else ya got?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

I'm interested in what you guys (yinz) think about this one. Black shoes (especially black balmorals) don't seem to be well liked around here or at least rarely worn. These are Boardrooms (JAB Park Aves). I got them in the 2 for 250 Shoebank sale. I didn't have any black balmorals so I figured I should snag a pair. As I was getting ready I thought why not bust them out finally. IMO they look very conservative, but still sleek. What do you guys think? The rest of the outfit too informal for them?
    Last edited by zcm; April 16th, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I think it looks very nice @zcm. Fit is good. Shoes look great IMO. I know black bals get a bad wrap here but still see no reason why they can't be worn outside of formal events.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I