Page 714 of 1329 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047127137147157167247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 13285

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Good styles all around, Vic. Last pic is in Austin, no? Mount Bonnell? What brought you down there?

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    Driving and using a cell phone? Shame on you.
    Uh oh. I didn't see that. NOT looking so good, V.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Good styles all around, Vic. Last pic is in Austin, no? Mount Bonnell? What brought you down there?
    Good catch. That was a while ago. My wife wanted to take me to Austin for a day or two. We're moving to Houston soon so I'll get plenty of opportunities to see Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and anything else within 3-4 hours of us.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Good catch. That was a while ago. My wife wanted to take me to Austin for a day or two. We're moving to Houston soon so I'll get plenty of opportunities to see Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and anything else within 3-4 hours of us.
    That's right -- personally, I imagine you'll be spending most of those trips in Austin as opposed to the others, but I'm biased. SA is good for a day, maybe two, but I quickly ran out of things to do/see. Dallas can be nice, but it isn't as much of a change from big city when coming from Houston. Hill country in the area surround Austin is also pretty nice. Also, Lockhart for BBQ. You can thank me later.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm partial, but Dallas is my favorite city in Texas. That being said, @hornsup84 is right that it's not different enough from Houston to make it worth visiting. Otherwise, there's little reason to come here unless you have kids and want to go to Six Flags. You can spend a single day in San Antonio to hit up the river walk and the Alamo. The hill country can be really nice in the spring, and you can build a fun weekend out of visiting wineries and soaking in live Texas country music if you know where to go and plan it out in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    A special WIWT for me today. It's Fred Rogers' birthday. He would've been 86 today. The man meant a lot to me and still does. And now as a father, his messages mean even more to me.

Each year on his birthday, people are asked to wear a sweater to remember him.

Calibrate trim shirt
    J Crew cardigan
    J Crew tie
    Orient watch
    BR charcoal pants
    AE Bourbon McCallisters

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    His messages are your father??? Looks good by the way.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    That's right -- personally, I imagine you'll be spending most of those trips in Austin as opposed to the others, but I'm biased. SA is good for a day, maybe two, but I quickly ran out of things to do/see. Dallas can be nice, but it isn't as much of a change from big city when coming from Houston. Hill country in the area surround Austin is also pretty nice. Also, Lockhart for BBQ. You can thank me later.
    I ate at SaltLick out near Austin and I can't see anything being much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Maybe I'm partial, but Dallas is my favorite city in Texas. That being said, @hornsup84 is right that it's not different enough from Houston to make it worth visiting. Otherwise, there's little reason to come here unless you have kids and want to go to Six Flags. You can spend a single day in San Antonio to hit up the river walk and the Alamo. The hill country can be really nice in the spring, and you can build a fun weekend out of visiting wineries and soaking in live Texas country music if you know where to go and plan it out in advance.
    I have cousins near Dallas as does she so we'll probably be visiting there quite a bit just for that reason. We'll probably visit hill country at some point but it won't measure up to spring or fall in VA so it's not high on my priority list.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I have cousins near Dallas as does she so we'll probably be visiting there quite a bit just for that reason. We'll probably visit hill country at some point but it won't measure up to spring or fall in VA so it's not high on my priority list.
    If you're going to be out this way, anyway, check out the Dallas Arts District (Dallas, Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center, Winspear Opera House, Meyerson Symphony Center, etc.) and the Dallas Arboretum. We also have a lot of good restaurants by famous chefs.

And I know what you mean about VA in the fall, but they don't have Luckenbach, TX. ;-)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    I ate at SaltLick out near Austin and I can't see anything being much better than that.
    SaltLick is great, but Lockhart is more historical -- many of the BBQ joints have been around for ages, and there are 3-4 or so that are all within a few blocks of each other, so it's fun to take a trip and try out a little at each.