Page 61 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

@alan, I hear you on the to lazy to go taper / hem pants, i have a pair of producers that need a taper bad but i just wont make time to go to tailor. i dont think the pants are hand me down worthy, but a slight taper might help, its not like your rocking bell bottoms, LOL, i actually have a pair of premium Gap chinos (so soft) but they have a huge flair that bothers the crap out of me. Bought them i was first experimenting with style, still have them i think. But i digress.

@tdig, that tie is noice, and the micro gingham works well with the flannel. Not usually a fan of lug soles but those are some nice wheels. nice socks...

@BenR, awesome look for an interview...i bet on style alone, you killed the comp...and i feel that leaves a lasting imprint in the eyes of the interviewers.

Heres WIWT, its supposed to rain today:

and the accessories

shirt: polo custom fit (bought it when filenes basement went out of business, like 18 bucks)

tie: thrifted( this is one of my favorites)

waistcoat: thrifted

slacks: no name (bought at Marshalls)

wheels: bostonians (bought at marshalls, owned for 3 yrs and they still look decent IMO, good quality leather)

It may be just me but i am not a huge fan of the contrast between the top and lower levels, i wanted to wear a darker waistcoat but decided to go with a lighter one so as to not look to monochrome, not sure how i feel though...thoughts, critiques

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@Max: When the vest and pants start to get really close in color, I feel ike it starts to look like you lost the jacket on your three piece suit (unless there's obvious texture or pattern difference). So I'm all for having contrast. I do see what you're saying about the sheer amount of contrast going on with you, though.

Maybe you could experiment with color contrast instead of tonal contrast? In other words, maybe a dark brown? Heck, you could even go much lighter into the tan/khaki range, but that would necesitate changing the shoes.

I personally think the top half if a great combination. I agree with keeping the vest lighter. If I were to consider changing anything, it would be the pants. The tie/vest/shirt combo is just working too well to mess with.

BTW, nice trench/hat/umbrella. You're not just prepared for the weather. You look like you were born for it. Very British, IMO.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

big fan of that tie max. trench works well too although it seems the tan scarf gets somewhat lost.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

@Alan, great point on the tonal vs. color comparison. i think the pants may very well be what i think is off...I can actually see now in my mental picture of my closet what pants i shoould have opted for. Great feedback! And thanks for the kind workds...

@Tdig, thanks man, and i hear you on the scarf, it was a last minute grab and go as i was walking out the door felt a chill and decided to throw in a scarf...that was what got grabbed...but that color would make a great trouser option now that i think of it....

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2081 Post(s)

Um... casual Thursday, anybody?

I feel like I walked straight out of the late 80s/early 90s. Just give me a puffy vest and a trucker hat, and I'm all set.

Shirt: Old Navy

Sweater: American Eagle

Jacket: Levi's, thrifted

Pants: LEC

Shoes: GNRC (whoever that is) for American Eagle

Ben

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Well you're in good company..

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

FWIW, I was already planning on wearing the denim jacket today before BenR made it look like I was copying him... again... :-P

Shirt: Roundtree & York

Tie: Brooks Brooks (via Marshalls) - wool navy/grey

Vest: Lands End cotton v-neck sweater vest

Jacket: LEC denim

Pants: Banana Republic textured cotton

Watch: Fossil Walter (black band)

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Bagley

It's going to warm up some today so I'll eventually lose the jacket and roll up the sleeves.

And from the first pic, what I intend NOT to wear...

Breakfast: Dunkin Donuts sausage/egg/cheese croissant

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

I might be in the minority but never been a fan of untucked shirt with a sweater. id rather roll a cuff to go casual if thats the goal. I think the rolled cuff on the jean jacket is a nice touch but comes across a bit too messy for me with the untucked shirt.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@tdig: I don't think you're in the minority there. It seems to be a rather even split with the deciding factor being the length of the shirt.

It's those little details that I'm always flip flopping on, but I figure it's casual Friday so I'm going to dress confortably. It'll probably also look more appropriate once I lose the jacket.

EDIT: Well I took of the jacket to try it out, and I think I agree with you after all. I tucked in the shirt AND tightened up the tie.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

If you still want a casual look without the jacket just give your sleeves a roll over your sweater depending on the thickness of the sweater but it looks like yours is thin enough to make it work.