Page 60 of 1340 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162701101605601060 ... LastLast

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Yeah, they're rolled up... The same goes for a lot of my pics. The 30's are often too short, and 32's are virtually always too long. So I usually buy 32's and roll them up. Someday I'll get them hemmed. I've just been lazy about it. I know what you mean, though.

That being said, I don't mind rolling up chinos with boat shoes, and I'd even roll them up one more time if I weren't at work... And it's hard to tell from the pics, but these aren't really chinos in the traditional sense. They have patch pockets with buttoned flaps in the back, and they're not twill - they're MUCH softer than that.

I appreciate the honesty, though. It's a valid observation!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Damn, I have the same 30/32 problem, it is really frustrating. Nice thing is getting a pair of pants hemmed a little shorter is about the cheapest tailoring you can get done

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Yeah, it's not the cost of hemming them that's stopepd me. It's my being too lazy to just go down there and get it done. :-( I guess I really should if people are noticing , though...

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)

I have the 30/32 problem as well. My true inseam is like... 30.5. Depending on the maker and the specific garment, though, I can generally get away with a 30. I used to wear all 32s, especially in my "pre-style" days when I wore mostly baggier pants. Tapered pants that are slightly too short can look ok, but loose-fit pants that are slightly too short just look awful.

Plus there's the added factor of whether a 30 inseam will shrink too much or a 32 inseam won't shrink enough. I have a pair of jeans I need to get hemmed because I thought they would shrink quite a bit and they didn't shrink at all.

Ben

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

I like the look Alan. I'm a sucker for plaid ties. It may just be the camera angle, but it looks to me that the rolled pant leg may look a little less "off" if the pants were a bit more tapered below the knee.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I think you're probably on to something there, Greg.

... and I just noticed I flip flopped the description on my shirt and tie. Obviously not wearing a pinpoint button down tie (though they're both Roundtree & York). :-P

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

going to pick up some navy laces i think. just got the tie in from the knottery and love the quality. pants are bonobos flannel. shoes are just in from walk-over. shirt is jcrew.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These posts really remind me I gotta get some patterned/knit ties, really nice looks!

Casual today for class:

Jacket: Gap

Sweater: H&M

Shirt: John Ashford

Jean: Levis 514

Clarks DBs (not shown)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

max - check out the knottery. im really impressed by the quality of the silk knits i picked up from them and their price point is great.

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)

Suited up today for an interview for a summer internship that I really want. I think the interview went pretty well, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Suit: Banana Republic mid-grey glen plaid

Shirt: Neiman Marcus via LastCall.com

Tie: Thrifted, navy pindot

Tie bar: Kenneth Cole

Shoes (not pictured): Black captoes from J&M

Watch: Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic on a matte black croco-grain strap - my "nice" watch

Ben