Page 599 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 994995495895975985996006016096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 12398

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Piling on with the Tissot love: That thing is suh-weeeet, faux! It reminds me of one that Joe has posted about a few times (IIRC) on the main site. Might be a totally different animal, as I'm not at all up on their models, but regardless - yours and that one I'm recalling both look amazing. Clean. Classy. Cool.

Oh, and of course the 'Cuta jacket is killer. I only have a cheap clone of that same red one there that you're rockin' - $5 or so (can't recall) from the thrift shop. LOL, mine looks pretty decent, but it's not the real dealio at all. I really do want to add a *real* one to my wardrobe sometime. I'll probably go the navy(ish) route with it when I do - as I'm a sucker for blues.
    Anyway, awesome look all around, faux. Gonna get ya some solid votes this week in the challenge, I bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Not to be an even bigger stalker or anything, but there's a JCF in Howell which is much closer to MSU (35 miles east down Grand River LOL), although unless he's got a car or a bike and a lot of determination, that ain't happening.

Although yoyo goes to GLC too? This is scary. I need to stay away from that place from now on (LOL yeah right I go there like once a week).
    Yeah, I actually had no idea about the JCF up in Howell until earlier this summer, but somehow I've never managed to get up there. Now it's a must-do! (Thanks for the reminder, Mikey). And easily drivable with my car, thankfully

And @yoyo, those both sound like great, great deals regardless of the return -- jealous that you snagged those ties so cheap!! I'm also very partial to silk knit ties, adding to my collection slowly but surely.

I really need to get to GLC one of these days just to shop around and do some deal-hunting like that, that'd be a longer trip than just a quick jaunt down the road though. Putting it on the to-do list....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
    I really need to get to GLC one of these days just to shop around and do some deal-hunting like that, that'd be a longer trip than just a quick jaunt down the road though. Putting it on the to-do list....
    Beware the food court and Jeepers. Crazzzzzzzzzy people like to congregate there. And yes, I'm one of them, whenever our kiddos are with us. Otherwise, great collection of outlet shops!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Piling on with the Tissot love: That thing is suh-weeeet, faux! It reminds me of one that Joe has posted about a few times (IIRC) on the main site. Might be a totally different animal, as I'm not at all up on their models, but regardless - yours and that one I'm recalling both look amazing. Clean. Classy. Cool.

Oh, and of course the 'Cuta jacket is killer. I only have a cheap clone of that same red one there that you're rockin' - $5 or so (can't recall) from the thrift shop. LOL, mine looks pretty decent, but it's not the real dealio at all. I really do want to add a *real* one to my wardrobe sometime. I'll probably go the navy(ish) route with it when I do - as I'm a sucker for blues.
    Anyway, awesome look all around, faux. Gonna get ya some solid votes this week in the challenge, I bet.
    Thanks for the great comments as always Robbo. Hoping not to lose by a landslide this week. :P

I'm not sure if the Tissot had been featured on the main site before. I was looking for a swiss made automatic and this one had the right look and price. If Joe had posted about it then it must mean that I made a good choice!

I'm still on the lookout for a navy G9, but I can never find one in a 36 slim. I like the red one but you're a bit limited in what can be worn with it.

I hope J. Crew will stock these again. I might even pay full price for one!
    Last edited by fauxshow; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fauxshow View Post
    I'm not sure if the Tissot had been featured on the main site before. I was looking for a swiss made automatic and this one had the right look and price. If Joe had posted about it then it must mean that I made a good choice!
    Ok, these kinda things rattle me all day long, until I go and look 'em up. Here we go:
    http://dappered.com/2013/03/best-aut...s-spring-2013/

And the pic from that post:

Oh, and here's another one:
    http://dappered.com/2012/03/the-post...aduation-gift/

Not sure which config is which, but I *thought* I'd seen that sweetness before.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; August 22nd, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

shirt - JCrew factory chambray
    pants - BR
    shoes - Walk-Over waxed canvas
    watch - Orient Mako

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    My WIWT and Friday Challenge outfit.

Shirt: JCP
    Pants: JCP
    Shoes: Sperry for J. Crew
    Watch: Timex for J. Crew on C&B nato

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Friday!

Old Navy polo
    Bonobos Champlains
    Seiko watch
    Air Jordans

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    Me and the wife went walking around Georgetown today. It was a rainy day so I decided to bust out the AS Hanovers (especially since someone in another thread didn't think I would wear them in the rain).

I did stop in the Suit Supply, Billy Reid, and Barbour shops while I was there. Tried on the Billy Reid Bond peacoat. It's very thick and warm wool but I'm satisfied with my J Crew factory one for now.

shirt - jcrew
    jeans - BR Factory
    watch - Orient Millennium
    shoes - AS Hanover

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)
    Vicious, I really like that last look! The pant opening appears perfect for the boots (and they look awesome, and ideal for that sort of weather). Also, details on the umbrella? I like it, even though it might be leaning a little too Longorn.