Page 553 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 534535035435515525535545555636036531053 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 13297

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah Vicious posted a couple looks with hats a couple weeks ago and while it didn't look awful, I found myself saying "why?" both times. Like I said, just not a hat person.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Never posted before (I've been creeping a while), but this was just too experimental to not get feedback. I'm not totally confident the shoes OR shirt go with the pants, nor how I feel about the 2-sided coloring of the belt, but I wore it anyway today.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...703_133744.jpg
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...703_133506.jpg

Be gentle. I'm kidding, be brutal.

Shoes: AE Pierpont
    Pants: KC Reaction
    Shirt: E Zegna (thrifted for $4, otherwise probably wouldn't have picked up this color or two pockets, no doubt needs some tailoring)
    Belt: AE Smith

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    LOL, what a douchey bunch we all are then. Haha!

BB, as you said, you got a hat for more of a purpose/protection than for style. Priorities, dude. Like others have said, the Groucho face thing makes it tough to judge, but I respect your anonymity. Maybe try another pic with a simpler disguise, maybe a blur or something? It looks like the brim is a little misshapen, but again tough to really tell.

I really think for your trip, you might want to go full-on Panama (wider brim).

And remember fellas, if this were 50+ years ago, we'd be thought of as douches for NOT wearing a hat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Robbo, yeah, I'm sending it back -- and opting for the full Panama experience. When it shows up, I'm going full David Lee Roth on this hat -- "Panama--a!"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    LOL, yeah and some @$$less chaps? Or was that Prince? Probably both. If you go that route please skip the WIWT pic. Puh-lease.

"Gimme a bottle'a anything... And a glazed donut... ta go!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P J View Post
    Never posted before (I've been creeping a while), but this was just too experimental to not get feedback. I'm not totally confident the shoes OR shirt go with the pants, nor how I feel about the 2-sided coloring of the belt, but I wore it anyway today.

Shirt: E Zegna (thrifted for $4, otherwise probably wouldn't have picked up this color or two pockets, no doubt needs some tailoring)
    I personally like everything but the shirt. I'm not sure if its the color (as you mentioned) or the double pockets (which you also mentioned) but something is throwing it off from everything else. I'm digging those shoes though. As a fellow noob to posting let me before the first to welcome you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P J View Post

For me, I think the trouble you're having with the outfit is the mix of utilitarian (I believe that's what would be called a work shirt/webbed belt) and business/business casual (fairly sleek pants/shoes).

I think the color palette is fine, but the shirt would look better in a more casual context (and probably the belt too).

I'm not much further along on the sartorial scale though, so maybe some of the elders will chime in.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    Navy jacket, khaki pants, just as yesterday. All blue up top, too. Finally decided on the loafers and went with the snuff suede.

Jacket: Brooks Brothers
    Shirt: CT
    Tie: JCF
    Square: The Tie Bar
    Pants: BR (100% linen, first time wearing them and I really like 'em)
    Shoes: AE/RL Singleton
    I like the pants a lot. Usually linen pants don't fit so well (kinda harem-y), but these fit you great. Well done.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Ok, so my hat came in -- what do you all think? I think I look more douchey than Megadork in this one, which is ok (http://putthison.com/post/365446401/hatsdouchesanddorks), but I might return it anyway because I think I look pretty weird in it. But that might just be me. Any critiques? Look too small? It feels a bit snug, but not restrictive. Also, how does one shape a brim?
    I agree that a wider brim will look and perform better. To shape it, you pretty much just have to manhandle it - this one looks kind of f'd up, though. If it's fairly stiff, you can gently apply some steam, them shape it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    Navy jacket, khaki pants, just as yesterday. All blue up top, too. Finally decided on the loafers and went with the snuff suede.

Jacket: Brooks Brothers
    Shirt: CT
    Tie: JCF
    Square: The Tie Bar
    Pants: BR (100% linen, first time wearing them and I really like 'em)
    Shoes: AE/RL Singleton
    Very nicely done.