Page 540 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 404404905305385395405415425505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 13422

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Just now realized that I'm employing a kinda-sorta 4th of July outfit a good solid week early. Doh! Ah well, may as well then just preemptively proclaim, here's to "the red and white and starry blue! (...and cognac)"

Polo: Lacoste (thrifted)
    Belt: LE (thrifted) - "Made in England" - Can I still wear this on Independence Day?
    Chinos: Dockers
    Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini
    Watch: Rotary
    Scent: D&G

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
    Corded is like...seersucker light. Texture but still a light crisp fabric. Great for summer, if you can find a nice pair of corded cotton pants they are a great summer option, especially in a light beige or maybe light cement gray. 2 out of the big 3 (BR/Gap) usually have some about this time of year and if you play the sale game you can get in at a low investment if you want to try them out.
    I know I'm just nit-picking, but "corded" is a general term. It doesn't do a very good job of explaining the gauge. It could still be correctly applied to sweat-inducing corduroy. I think the term you're looking for is "pincord". Pincord is often misidentified as seersucker because both are lighter and both tend to be striped. However, neither seersucker nor pincord must be multi-colored.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Just now realized that I'm employing a kinda-sorta 4th of July outfit a good solid week early. Doh! Ah well, may as well then just preemptively proclaim, here's to "the red and white and starry blue! (...and cognac)"

Belt: LE (thrifted) - "Made in England" - Can I still wear this on Independence Day?
    Looking good! I like it all.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)

Debatable on 4th of July wearing an English belt. Pretty much ANY other country of origin, fine...

Good look though.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
    Corded is like...seersucker light. Texture but still a light crisp fabric. Great for summer, if you can find a nice pair of corded cotton pants they are a great summer option, especially in a light beige or maybe light cement gray. 2 out of the big 3 (BR/Gap) usually have some about this time of year and if you play the sale game you can get in at a low investment if you want to try them out.
    Yes, it's kind is a JV squad seersucker. And Alan is right-pincord's a better description. There's a JCF Thompson in pincord that's pretty great. I actually bought one recently and would be picking it up from the tailor today if I wasn't unexpectedly diverted to LA. So it'll have to wait about a week, but I'm sure ill post a pic relatively soon.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Cologne guy, this is great. It'd be bumped up to excellent if a pair of socks were thrown into the mix.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Robbo - I've mentioned it before but I do like that belt.

The pants aren't photographing well but it's a really light brown linen color. It's a light brown with some white threads woven in so it's showing up as gray in the pics.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I love my Sperrys too, but you dress so damn nice all of the time, that the boat shoes are kinda throwing me, at least based on the pics. I don't mean to be over-critical or whatever - like I said, the look is great! - just something a little off that I'm feeling with those top-siders, that's all, bud.
    Thanks, that's a good point. The structured jacket and boat shoes are probably too far removed in formality. It would have looked better with the Stafford wingtips...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Vicious, this looks nice, but that polo yesterday was like a bespoke shirt.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Robbo, love the shoes and the pants.