Page 515 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 154154655055135145155165175255656151015 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 13422

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    @fauxshow: How do you like that shirt? I've gone back and forth about getting something like it.
    I love my blue chambray shirts. I have two - one in a work shirt style, another in a single pocket button down collar. They work with just about anything and I wear them all the time. I also have a red and gray one, but those don't get nearly as much play.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I hate those shoes. They disgust me. They should be burned. If you want, you can send them to me and I'll take care of it for you. I don't mind. That's what friends are for.
    Really? You'd do that for me? Thanks, man! Just PM me your address and I'll get 'em shipped out to ... hey ... wait a minute ... I'm not so sure this is on the up and up...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    It's a Made in America rainy day on my front porch in Montpelier, VT. vintage Stetson 3x, Salaam Shirt, Gustin Jeans, vintage pocket square, Vintage boots. Also, not made in America Lands end nailhead oxford cloth jacket.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Chance of rain, so I'm wearing the Kiowa's again. Close-up below.

Shirt: Eddie Bauer
    Belt: Eddie Bauer
    Pants: Bonobos
    Shoes: AE Kiowa

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    That said, I've had super crappy BR shoes, so I think it can be hit-or-miss.
    Good to know. He works for a major consulting firm so I don't think "hit or miss" is going to cut it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattface View Post
    It's a Made in America rainy day on my front porch in Montpelier, VT. vintage Stetson 3x, Salaam Shirt, Gustin Jeans, vintage pocket square, Vintage boots. Also, not made in America Lands end nailhead oxford cloth jacket.
    I always start with shoes and jackets, but I like that hat. And do you know more about the boots other than that they're vintage? They're pretty cool. Truth be told, the arms on that jacket look seriously long, but if I recall correctly, that jacket has surgeons cuffs which make it expensive (or impossible) to tailor. Since permanent modification is pricey, what would it look like it you opened those cuffs and rolled them up a bit? Either it works or it doesn't, but there's no harm in trying.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff4 View Post
    Chance of rain, so I'm wearing the Kiowa's again. Close-up below.

Shirt: Eddie Bauer
    Belt: Eddie Bauer
    Pants: Bonobos
    Shoes: AE Kiowa
    If my Kiowas had looked as good as yours when I received them, I wouldn't have returned them. Good stuff, man.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I always start with shoes and jackets, but I like that hat. And do you know more about the boots other than that they're vintage? They're pretty cool. Truth be told, the arms on that jacket look seriously long, but if I recall correctly, that jacket has surgeons cuffs which make it expensive (or impossible) to tailor. Since permanent modification is pricey, what would it look like it you opened those cuffs and rolled them up a bit? Either it works or it doesn't, but there's no harm in trying.
    THe boots are Mason, & I estimate them to be circa 1950s based upon the soles and general construction.

I know the jacket sleeves are long it was a bargain, and it fits well except for that. Most folks outside these types of forums don't even notice, but it does bug me, and mars an otherwise nice jacket.I don't have another unlined summer weight jacket yet. I absolutely cannot abide the rolled cuff, so I'm going to try and get them taken up when I have the cash to spare. Those damned button holes really are a problem though. I'll probably fold it just past the first button hole to try and hide it inside the hem.

P.S. I don't know WHAT LEC were thinking when they designed this jacket. I don't have short arms, and though a 42r is a better fit I can usually get away with a 42L. I can't imagine these sleeves are the right length for much of anyone.
    Last edited by mattface; June 7th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    If my Kiowas had looked as good as yours when I received them, I wouldn't have returned them. Good stuff, man.
    The roughneck (sorta) Strand, right? I think you dubbed them that the other day. They do look cool, jeff. Wear them in Dapperedly-good health!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    The roughneck (sorta) Strand, right? I think you dubbed them that the other day. They do look cool, jeff. Wear them in Dapperedly-good health!
    I talk so much out of my rear that I can't keep track of what I say, but that's a good way to describe them.