Page 512 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 124124625025105115125135145225626121012 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 13257

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Haven't been pulling my weight around here so here y'all go.

Raincoat: Aquascutum macintosh (thrifted)
    Sport coat: HSM - cotton/linen blend
    Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke - poplin button down collar
    Belt: Daniel Cremieux - alligator print black/brown reversible
    Pants: Brooks Brothers - tan wool
    Shoes: Bronx Dekimo

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Cologne guy, I like everything about that outfit.
    Thanks very much, bud. I wasn't sure if the black/white gingham was contrasting enough for the grey blazer, but figured I'd give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by fauxshow View Post
    That is a sweet blazer. Really like the subtle herringbone pattern. I've been on the hunt for a nice light gray cotton one.
    I like it quite a bit. It's the full-cotton one from BR. Kinda wish it was unlined - or maybe the linen-blend one - although not sure I like the lapels on that one - as I'd wear the heck outta it this Summer - but it is what it is. I prefer the birdseye blue one the best out of the three BR blazers I currently have. I think it might be the 3/2 (or is it 2/3?) roll on the birdseye that is making a little difference in the fit/stance for me - dunno. It could simply be the color, as I tend to favor blues.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Only did this for Yoyo!
    Wearing a lovely paint thinner base cologne today(had it for years and need to make room for the sampler I ordered)

And well didn't turn on the light and took a pick
    SS Linen Brown
    Herringbone Sport coat
    CT red puppy tooth shirt
    Slidebelt Brown belt
    And not show AE Brown brown strawfut
    I'm really liking the jacket/shirt/square combo. I'm not 100% sold on pairing them with the linen pants, but I shouldn't be talking because I'm wearing a linen/cotton jacket with wool pants today. There's just something about pair the crinkled look with the structured look that feels a little off to me. Like I said, though, I'm just as guilty.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    The Givenchy actually isn't bad at all you nailed the smell pretty much but I think most of them go for that smell. I don't think I've had a cologne that hasn't got numerous compliments but the Le Man hands down gets the most attention, I have A&F that's quite nice as well, probably called "No Fatties". I'm beyond excited for the sample pack now

I loved the Hugo Boss original from 1999 I think, been about 10 years since I've had it. It was more baked goods smelling.

@Alan

Yeah I need to iron/steam them a bit for sure now that I look at the bottom, what's awesome is I took the pants straight out of the box and wore them.

I'm hunting for a good linen/blend jacket still, damn monkey arms! You should give me yours, I rather like the look of it
    Last edited by shad0w4life; June 6th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Is the Cologne thread up yet Yoyo? Finally made my way through all those Perfumed Court decants.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Yup, the shirt is their "ging crosby" or some such play on words in the Slim fit.

I'm also looking at throwing some money at an OCBD from Bonobos.
    Cool deal, thanks for the info and personal feedback/input. And yeah, the OCBDs that I was checking out on their site were the "Rhodes Collar" or whatever. LOL I kinda like the extra effort put into the naming. Any idea where their shirts (at least these we're talking about) are actually made? I've seen a mix of origins with their pants, at Nordy Rack, so just curious. I guess I could google it, but hey, that's takes the fun outta the convo.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    It was more baked goods smelling.
    I would wear this. Heck, I would rub cookies under arms every morning if it wouldn't ruin the cookies. :-P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Breakin' all the rules.
    http://imgur.com/og2ov9I

Shirt: JCrew
    Socks: Happy Socks!
    Oxford: Antonio Maurizi

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Is the Cologne thread up yet Yoyo? Finally made my way through all those Perfumed Court decants.
    I started to reply to shad0w's comment above, in way too much detail, so I'm gonna plop that over into a reply in the new thread, as soon as I start it. LOL - You wanna know if I'm procrastinating? Let me get back to you on that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    It's finally warm enough to start rolling the sleeves up. Which works out perfectly since the Calibrate trim fit shirts fit me flawlessly except the sleeves are about 1" too short.
    Feel ya there, man. I'm wearing a Brooks Bros shirt today with which I basically *have* to roll-up the sleeves. I thrifted it, knowing full well that they were too short, but the rest fit great, so I told myself I'd just accept wearing it that way - rolled-up.