Page 504 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 44044544945025035045055065145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 13343

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Today:

Jacket: BR
    Shirt: J Crew Factory
    Pants: J Crew
    Shoes: AE
    Watch: Timex/J Crew Strap

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    A BenR-style picture.

When I went to upload this image to Dropbox I noticed that I wore a navy gingham shirt and navy trousers from a different brand almost exactly a month ago. Strange. Maybe it's time to retire my other navy gingham shirt.

Cologne guy, as far as I'm concerned, I stopped aging after I turned 25. You're welcome to join me on the eternally-young ship.
    Last edited by bruschetta; June 3rd, 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    I checked out some Supergas last week at a local Brooks Brothers shop - loving the toe shape/design - only to find that they were not Made in Italy. The Italian-made ones are the real deals - the ones to get, right? Or do they just simply no longer make them there? If not, that's sad - very much like our present-day Chucks - not made in the USA any more. Ugh.

BTW, welcome back, Duvel. You've been out of action here for a little while, no?
    I got my Supergas back in Jan from Zappos and I can say that they are worth the $$ but Duval's right, they look really nice... but that's what led me to them since they were really nice for the low price- nicer than Jack or Chucks... I need to look at them to see where they are made, I assumed Italy but wouldn't be surprised if they are from Turkey or Egypt.

Welcome back Duval.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Cologne guy, as far as I'm concerned, I stopped aging after I turned 25. You're welcome to join me on the eternally-young ship.
    Aye, Cap'n!

So then, WIWT - as a fellow 25 y.o. eternal:

Blazer: BR
    Shirt: Merona
    Pocket square: Nicole Miller
    Belt: BR (thrifted)
    Pants: BR
    Socks: BRF
    Watch: Orient
    Scent: D&G

I typically go with a cleaner flat-edge-up fold for my pockies, but decided today to try what I feel is a little more casual in the reverse-end-up (WODER!) multi-edge look - kinda loosens-up the look a tad - good or bad - dunno - but it felt right today. Which way do you guys prefer to wear your pockies? I know a few of your styles, from some of your WIWT pics, but not all of them. Care to share your particular personal pocky plicature preparation preference(s)? Eh, pardners?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Aye, Cap'n!

So then, WIWT - as a fellow 25 y.o. eternal:

Blazer: BR
    Shirt: Merona
    Pocket square: Nicole Miller
    Belt: BR (thrifted)
    Pants: BR
    Socks: BRF
    Watch: Orient
    Scent: D&G

I typically go with a cleaner flat-edge-up fold for my pockies, but decided today to try what I feel is a little more casual in the reverse-end-up (WODER!) multi-edge look - kinda loosens-up the look a tad - good or bad - dunno - but it felt right today. Which way do you guys prefer to wear your pockies? I know a few of your styles, from some of your WIWT pics, but not all of them. Care to share your particular personal pocky plicature preparation preference(s)? Eh, pardners?
    This is how I like to wear my pockets squares too. A little bit ruffled and makes it look like you're not trying very hard.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I've been gone for a while. Honeymoon coupled with a cross-country move. It's great to thumb through 50 pages or so and find all these great looks--you guys really pull it off very well.

One thing I find very refreshing to see is a relative absence of the untucked button-up shirt. It's great to see people tucking in their shirts, even with jeans. Tucked-in is my preference on almost everything except t-shirts and polos, and the like. And I'm not trying to stir up debate--just observing that this look does work well, even with very casual attire, as you guys prove.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Ah-ha! I couldn't see the pic when I first read through the recent replies here - must be the firewall at work. Finally saw it via my phone's browser.

Great look for sure. No wonder you have a couple of combinations of it. I have black/white and a red(maroon)/white gingham shirts, but no blue/white. This is odd, seeing how I love wearing blue, especially navy. And now seeing your WIWT pic here bruschetta, I think a blue/white gingham just moved a few spots up on my want list.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I've realize that I have a very predictable way of examining these WIWT pics. I go immediately to the shoes. If I like them, I check the jacket (if there is one). Then I'm basically done. Those two things pretty much make or break a pic for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I've realize that I have a very predictable way of examining these WIWT pics. I go immediately to the shoes. If I like them, I check the jacket (if there is one). Then I'm basically done. Those two things pretty much make or break a pic for me.
    You mean after you check the cologne bottle, right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    You mean after you check the cologne bottle, right?
    I'm actually quite allergic to most artificial scents. My eyes get itchy and I start to get congested. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I once nearly passed out when I tried to walk into a Yankee Candle Company store. I started feeling light-headed and my legs got shaky. I had to leave immediately. So I know nothing about cologne. I wouldn't be able to identify one from the next since I have to stay away from all of them.