Page 503 of 1325 FirstFirst ... 34034534935015025035045055135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 13249

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fash1on View Post
    diggin the lo all stars in black and the white on your last post. now i want them.
    black all stars and khaki = old school leave it to beaver look.
    great summer style here.
    who's kent? vera's husband?
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of chucks - they were about all I wore on my feet for my late teens through late 20's (and I'm happy to deploy them for some old school style).

Kent Wang, as far as I know, is just some dude from Texas who decided to start selling pocket squares and cuff links a few years ago, then slowly expanded into ties, dress shirts, polos, shoes...
    These polos are slim, made of a nice soft pique and have the only collars I've ever seen that avoid getting curled and misshapen without assistance from polo stays or something. They're a little pricey but it's not hard to see where that money goes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    @Snake Doctor: I see your Orioles are having their way with my Tiiiiiiigers (well, except for yesterday, that is - Verlander's a tough mofo). Allllll good, brother. I dug the Orioles growing up, back in the '70s. Doh!

Nice get-ups, BTW. Way to rock that team cap! Lookin' good, cap'n!
    Thanks, Yoyo. Sorry about the Tigers... But what's more American than some summer baseball? I'm surprised I don't see more of it on this site, but I suppose trying to looked dapper while rocking team apparel is pretty challenging.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Recently rediscovered Chucks myself. I picked up some white Superga's this spring but they almost felt too "nice," not street enough. Then this weekend I happened to spy some Converse low-top Chucks in natural (with the red and navy piping), and I had to have them. I don't think there's anything more classic for summer than either black or white (or off-white) Chucks with chinos and a polo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of chucks - they were about all I wore on my feet for my late teens through late 20's (and I'm happy to deploy them for some old school style).

Kent Wang, as far as I know, is just some dude from Texas who decided to start selling pocket squares and cuff links a few years ago, then slowly expanded into ties, dress shirts, polos, shoes...
    These polos are slim, made of a nice soft pique and have the only collars I've ever seen that avoid getting curled and misshapen without assistance from polo stays or something. They're a little pricey but it's not hard to see where that money goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fash1on View Post
    looks good.
    is that jacket really from JCF? looks like its the one from Jcrew.com.
    is that a D ring belt?
    Thanks! I was surprised to find it at JCF.

I picked it up from the store in gilroy on Memorial Day weekend. They have a few things that I've not seen online. Lots if Thompson suiting as well.

This is the belt I'm wearing:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
    Yoyo- Like the watch, I do see a bit of Panerai homage to it. The black strap works but I've grown use to trying to make the watch strap blend with everything else so maybe a brown would work better with the shoes. That's just me though
    Yeah, I really struggled (briefly) with the black vs brown thing, but eventually just said eff it. Not a *lot* of brown leather on the belt anyway - just the ends/tips - and the Sperrys leathers are a beige, a grey and what they call black (looks like a very dark navy to me, but OK... "black"), so that kinda tied into the black and grey of the watch, I guess. Matchy without being all *matchy*-matchy, I guess I'd say.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    I support an age don't-ask-don't-tell policy for the forums.

Geezer cologne guy (C.C.G.), Another winning outfit. You're back to the Creed. Is that the same scent that Paul has been reviewing on the main site?
    Thanks, bruschetta. That particular WIWT Creed is Aventus - my all-time favorite scent, and one which I have been nudging Paul to try next. He's been auditioning Green Irish Tweed (GIT), my second favorite.

"G.C.G.?" - Let's kill that one, please, before it grows any real legs, eh? Ha! - I mean, look, I'm totally at peace with my age - seeing how I feel (and often *act*) like a much younger twerp... err... kid - well, all except for my lower-back - that definitely says to me in it's best Roger Murtaugh voice "I'm too old for this sh#t" - but I'd really prefer just dialing it back to "Cologne Guy" for now. LOL - Good stuff though, guys.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    Thanks, Yoyo. Sorry about the Tigers... But what's more American than some summer baseball? I'm surprised I don't see more of it on this site, but I suppose trying to looked dapper while rocking team apparel is pretty challenging.
    No worries. Win some, lose some. The Tigers are a pretty sweet team, but they sure know how to let ya down when they want to - ya'know like getting swept in the WS - stuff like that. LOL - And I hear ya, man: Summer. Baseball. Good stuff. Throw in a BBQ and some poolside drinks and we're talking some *real* good stuff.

And yeah, supporting your team(s) whilst attempting to maintain dapperdliness (probably not a real word, but wtf - I like it) can certainly be tricky. I think Joe had some good article(s) about it a while back, mostly talking football then, IIRC hitting some Saturday college football games, or more likely probably Super Bowl party related, dunno - maybe both. There might've been some of that same discussion here in our threads - seems like that might be right too. Best to either go team colors but in *your* typical, hopefully stylish, wardrobe choices. Throwing on a team baseball cap is totally fair game in my book, though. Especially is it's a cool retro one.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    These (*Kent Wang*) polos are slim, made of a nice soft pique and have the only collars I've ever seen that avoid getting curled and misshapen without assistance from polo stays or something. They're a little pricey but it's not hard to see where that money goes.
    Good to know. I'll have to keep those in mind. Quite a few of my polos, especially the pointier-collared ones like my Original Penguin jobbies, tend to do the inward/under-curl on the ends. Not a good look. Any good source for the KW polos? Or should I just get my google-fu on?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Recently rediscovered Chucks myself. I picked up some white Superga's this spring but they almost felt too "nice," not street enough. Then this weekend I happened to spy some Converse low-top Chucks in natural (with the red and navy piping), and I had to have them. I don't think there's anything more classic for summer than either black or white (or off-white) Chucks with chinos and a polo.
    I checked out some Supergas last week at a local Brooks Brothers shop - loving the toe shape/design - only to find that they were not Made in Italy. The Italian-made ones are the real deals - the ones to get, right? Or do they just simply no longer make them there? If not, that's sad - very much like our present-day Chucks - not made in the USA any more. Ugh.

BTW, welcome back, Duvel. You've been out of action here for a little while, no?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Good to know. I'll have to keep those in mind. Quite a few of my polos, especially the pointier-collared ones like my Original Penguin jobbies, tend to do the inward/under-curl on the ends. Not a good look. Any good source for the KW polos? Or should I just get my google-fu on?
    The only place I know of to get them is from the man himself: www.kentwang.com/polos

I think there was a livingsocial or groupon or somesuch deal for Kent Wang credit a while back, but I think he's a pretty small operation so I wouldn't count on that coming back soon. I will say that shipping has always been very quick when I've ordered stuff from him.