Page 492 of 1321 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 13207

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @BB: I never think of LEC for shoes, but maybe I should be keeping an eye open!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance F. View Post
    Thanks again fro the votes everyone. I have a few bright pairs of pants, and just decided to wear those that day while toning the rest down. Layering with a deep placket henley is probably one of my favorite looks.

Another similiar look, but with different colors.

Lance - what brand/model of sunglasses are those? Thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Alan, I like that a lot. The tie is nice, but I like the suit even more. The subtle pattern is great.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Lots of awesome lately fellers.
    In no particular order (and leaving out a lot): Alan, I like the seersucker action, even with that tie. It's loud, but F it.
    BB, you're the linen master. I'm a big fan of that Ingram shirt, especially.
    Lance F, I like that Henley layering on you. I don't know that it would work for me, but it does quite well for you.
    BJ, that Thompson suit fits you amazingly well. Whatever you paid for it was a steal. And I agree with you re. the navy pants, khaki jacket move.
    ZacharyR, the Kensington jacket had never looked better.

And my contribution today:

Jacket: J Crew
    Shirt: J Crew
    Tie: Lumina
    Tie bar: The Tie Bar
    Pants: Uniqlo
    Shoes: Hanover

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    And here's what I look like at lunchtime. Jacket weather is fading away... Is this a weird way to use DBs? To me they seem summery, and suede too, but are they too dark for summer? Or are these just oddly boxy, or something?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Great as usual, Shomas. I like the white/black palate.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Great dressed-up looks again, fellas; all 'yall. I only stress "dressed-up" because similarly to what Vicious has noted, it's about to get pretty warm around these parts too; and it's likely to get more casual for me as Summer progresses.

Today I'm gonna try to keep the jacket on, but it just might not fly, as it's warming up quickly and getting a little too muggy. I really need a nice Summer blazer/SC option. No, *really*. In fact I just might hit the mall during lunch; a nice upscale one not too far from the office - with Club Monaco, Brooks Brothers, Allen Edmonds, Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman, BR, J.Crew, and a few handfuls of other higher-end menswear jobbies which I probably have no right actually being in. LOL - We'll see. If nothing jives there, I might have to hit Nordy Rack again, before heading home tonight.

Anyway, here's me as long as the jacket can stay on:

Blazer: BR
    Shirt: Brooks Brothers (thrifted)
    Pocket square: ? (thrifted)
    Belt: BR (thrifted)
    Jeans: Bonobos
    Socks: Cabot & Sons
    Boots: Red Wing
    Watch: Skagen
    Scent: Bond No.9
    Shades: RE

Looks like I need to clean the mirror a touch, eh? Oops. Next time.

Regarding the pocket square: I forget the brand name ATM, but it's made in the USA. They were $3 for a box of 8, in several colors, BNIB. A fun find. Nothing game-changing or head-turning for certain, but kinda nice to find them unopened in a thrift shop.

Speaking of "made in the USA": Aside from the blazer and the watch (oh, and my underwear - ahem), I'm sportin' all 'mmmerican-made gear today (I *think*). Just a simple but conscious effort on my part (very) recently, to *try* to be more thoughtful on that end. Not as easy as it sounds, actually. Ah well, I'll keep trying here and there, whenever appropriate, possible and *feasible*. I guess if I were truly hardcore, I could slip off the blazer, remove the watch, and go *commando*. Good thing I'm not truly hardcore, eh?
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 29th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Is this a weird way to use DBs?
    Well they're still on your feet, so you can't be using them TOO oddly.

They're definitely darker than what I typically wear with khaki, but I'm not sure that's an issue. The color pallette (white, blue, khaki, brown) is basic enough to work in just about any season. However, I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned them being boxy. I would have used the word chunky. It seems like a look that is more relegated to colder seasons where layering and heavy clothes are more expected. Even despite all that, though, it seems like it's working fine.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @yoyorobbo: If the heat is a concern, I would first start by adjusting your footwear. There are high concentrations of blood vessels in the hands, feet, and head/neck. Removing restrictions in these areas can help cool the rest of your body and vice versa. So you're talking about being warm and losing the jacket, but maybe you can still get away with keeping it if you lose the Red Wings instead. You've got a classic look going that would work with many different shoe options so it's not like you'll be at a loss if you change. Of course, everyone is different, but when my feet are warm, the rest of me is suffocating along with them. It's just a thought.

That all being said, I highly advocate having at least a couple summer-weight jackets. :-)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Been a little while since I posted one. It's been raining for days. I haven't really been doing much lately, other than working on my race car anyway. I'm pretty sure those are not WIWT worthy.

Shirt: JCF
    Pants: Merona Tailored Fit
    Shoes: Clark's
    Watch: Timex
    Last edited by MarkB; May 29th, 2013 at 01:21 PM.