Page 452 of 1327 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552952 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 13261

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Been a while! Headed out to dinner with some friends. Trying out some new items including a Lands End linen jacket (love it) and some thrifted Alden shell PTBs.

jacket - Lands End tailored fit
    shirt - Lands End tailored fit
    jeans - JCrew selvedge
    shoes - Alden #990
    watch - Swiss Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeduke View Post
    some thrifted Alden shell PTBs.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Haha yeah I'm pretty excited about these. I picked them up for $25 and they fit about perfect. I took them to my local cobbler who replaced the heels, but said the soles were original and were in good shape. He shined up the uppers, but I feel like they need some additional TLC. I plan on purchasing some Venetian shoe cream and trying to work out those creases. These have become a bit of a project of mine. Any other suggestions for reconditioning these are certainly welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeduke View Post
    Haha yeah I'm pretty excited about these. I picked them up for $25 and they fit about perfect. I took them to my local cobbler who replaced the heels, but said the soles were original and were in good shape. He shined up the uppers, but I feel like they need some additional TLC. I plan on purchasing some Venetian shoe cream and trying to work out those creases. These have become a bit of a project of mine. Any other suggestions for reconditioning these are certainly welcome.
    Fantastic! They look great to me as they are. You now have a pair of shoes that you can pass on through generations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Keeping things casually bummish for mother's day.

Target henley
    514s
    Odin x Target Jacket
    Tod's Chukka

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    brushetta- I agree, a leather band would look better than the metal band on the Orient you have pictured. Something about it looks a little off to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Grats to all the recent grads! Here's to you guys making this world a better place!

---

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback on the blazer, guys. It's just too tight (maybe I need to hit the gym a little harder) - I ended up wearing it open most of the night as per Foodie's suggestion.

Caught Gatsby last night. Lots of inspiration packed into a 2 and a half hour film. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the story back in high school. Anyone else see it?

This was today. Gave the car a bath and headed to the beach with the top down. Untucked button down with shorts: faux pas or just enough beachy casual to work? I lost the loafers for bare feet once we hit the sand.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    @Eric F--I rock that look all the time. The length of that shirt looks fine to be worn untucked.

@acoustic--Lukeduke is the second person in the last week to post about thrifted Aldens (yoyorobbo being the other). You must be slipping on your thrifting ;-)
    Last edited by MarkB; May 12th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    We'll call this mothers day edition, cropped down to my father in law and my nearly 9 year old for sake of space.

Shirt- JCF oxford
    Jeans- Levis 511
    Shoes- AE
    Watch-Timex

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Congrats to BenR and MarkB!

Yoyorobbo, sorry to hear about your friend's dad. Very cool of you to attend and support the family. The suit looks excellent, and it is very appropriate.

Vicious, I agree with bruschetta and Shomas. I want the shoes. Badly.

Lukeduke, amazing thrift find. I'm interested in that jacket (or the patterned one like it) because I like the LE navy linen-cotton one so much. Does the linen wrinkle very easily? It is breathable? Is it a good weight?

EricF, that looks great. MarkB is right -- the length is perfect for that.