Page 441 of 1339 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 13386

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dackman View Post
    Oops, forgot to tag. What color are the Vans?
    dack, they are the Era 59 CA in princess blue (princess blue for a princess!) I got 'em on Piperlime but they can be had elsewhere also.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Looking good, guys. BJ, nice getup.

It's unseasonably cold, so I packed away most of my cold weather sportcoats. I'm wearing this one over and over until it warms up... Or I get sick of it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    @yoyo-Yep, the shorts are maroon (or burgundy, not really sure). My wife bought them for me from gap last summer IIRC. Not the typical heavy chino, but a nice twill (I'm guessing here, I know zilch about fabrics), which is perfect for the stupid hot temps we have already.

Re: "the tuck" I have seen it done well both ways. I usually leave them untucked, unless I'm playing golf. I'm on the fence about your getup to be honest. I feel like something is off. Maybe the shade of the shoes/belt? Can't really put my finger on it at the moment. I think I would've gone with a button up w/ the sleeves rolled with those pants/shoes or shorts/tennys (or loafers) with that shirt. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by MarkB; May 6th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    @yoyo-Yep, the shorts are maroon (or burgundy, not really sure). My wife bought them for me from gap last summer IIRC. Not the typical heavy chino, but a nice twill (I'm guessing here, I know zilch about fabrics), which is perfect for the stupid hot temps we have already.

Re: "the tuck" I have seen it done well both ways. I usually leave them untucked, unless I'm playing golf. I'm on the fence about your getup to be honest. I feel like something is off. Maybe the shade of the shoes/belt? Can't really put my finger on it at the moment. I think I would've gone with a button up w/ the sleeves rolled with those pants/shoes or shorts/tennys (or loafers) with that shirt. Just my thoughts.
    Cool. Maroon or burgundy - Regardless, they're cool.

And I agree with your take on my getup. I really forced the shoes into the gig today. LOL - I thrifted them on Friday's drive home from work. Was immediately elated! Got to cleaning, conditioning and polishing them during the weekend, and simply *had* to wear them first chance this week. It was "a moral imperative!"

But yeah, I agree; both other options that you suggested would have made for a more congruent look. Had I not just snagged the shoes and been all giddy about them, I would most likely have gone with some loafers, drivers or maybe even boat shoes; sockless. I try *not* to wear "tennis shoes" to work, but I certainly have on certain occasion, so they weren't totally out of the running either.

Thanks for the honest opinion, bud. I appreciate the feedback!

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2108 Post(s)

GAP shirt, GAP jacket, Lands' End tie, Levi's jeans, J&M bucks.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    Suited up today. Was gonna go tieless, but once I put it all together, it needed a tie.
    Shoes: AE Malvern
    I like the suit, shirt, and tie, but I'm not sold on the shoes or the square. You really look good in that suit.

DerekH, looking slick.

Cologne guy, I like the casual look. Those are gorgeous shoes.

BenR, The camera perspective makes me feel like a bit of food that's about to be devoured.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    BenR, The camera perspective makes me feel like a bit of food that's about to be devoured.
    That's what I was going for.

OM NOM NOM.

Ben

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    I like the suit, shirt, and tie, but I'm not sold on the shoes or the square. You really look good in that suit.
    Thanks! And I agree. My square collection is rather limited

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Urban Cowboy

Shirt - Vintage cowboy thrifted
    Jeans - Gap
    Shoes - Vans Sk8 Hi

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm swooning over this jacket, BenR...the second GAP runs another 35% or 40% off, it's going down! Love the look, by the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

GAP shirt, GAP jacket, Lands' End tie, Levi's jeans, J&M bucks.