Page 412 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512912 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 13259

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the extensive answer BB! I like Tommy Hilfiger's stuff, but the overt branding can be a veto, same with Ralph Lauren stuff.

Love that shirt with those pants bruschetta!

Some pics from a little trip yesterday:

Trench - Topman
    Jacket - Next
    Jeans and shirt - H&M
    Shoes - Grenson
    Tie - some burgundy knit
    Castle - Broughty Ferry

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Sunny but a little chilly out here today..

Jacket: BR Quilted Jacket
    Shirt: CT Slim Fit
    Pants: J. Crew Cords
    Shoes: AE MacNeil Rough Brown
    Watch: Orient Mako
    Sunglasses: KW Wayfarers (Matte Black) (Picked them up at Nordstrom. worth every penny at $10)

Last edited by pratyk; April 21st, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Went to the ball game today! Go jays Go!!!
    Feel it Yankees!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Friday out running errands and meeting with friends.
    Shirt: CT Poplin ESF
    Jacket: BR Cotton/Linen (sleeves need to be shortened a bit, debating if I want to do something about how it flares a tiny bit at the bottom)
    Pants: BR Grey Cotton plaid (thrifted)
    Shoes: Brown AE Kenilworth

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Sunglasses: Nordstrom
    Cardigan: H&M
    Tee: AE
    Coated black jeans: H&M (almost look like leather actually... but thankfully not quite)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    @Mikey: Shirt gives nice pop of color. I like the cardigan. What shoes, out of curiosity? Grungy sneakers would fit pretty well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    PratyK, those rough macneils are goddam nails. Are those done away with? Couldn't find any in eBay or the AE site.

JCrew tweed
    Merona shirt
    JCrew tie
    JCrew cords
    Bostonian thrifted loafers

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)

SuitSupply Napoli, Neiman Marcus shirt, Robert Talbott tie, Macy's tiebar, MT Silversmiths belt buckle, Florsheim shoes.
    Ben

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    PratyK, those rough macneils are goddam nails. Are those done away with? Couldn't find any in eBay or the AE site.
    I've seen them pop up on eBay every once in a while.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Robbo - Great fit on that blazer. I wore mine once but ended up returning it when I got the grey cotton/linen one from BR. I'll get a chance to wear it next week when it's a bit cooler.
    Thanks, bud. I feel quite fortunate that the BR blazers fit me as well as they do OTR, namely in the shoulders, chest, and sleeves. I'm still a *little* self-conscious wearing them though, as I could stand to lose about 5 lbs in the general spare-tire area. But I'm getting more confident with each wearing (and with each single pound lost). Gettin' there. Baby steps. I think you were smart returning the cotton for the linen blend. All of my BR blazers are full cotton. I really wanted that chambray blue one (or whatever), but never saw it in my size during the F&F deal. Come mid-Summer, I might be wishing I got one of mine in linen/cotton too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeduke View Post
    The jeans I'm wearing today are the JCrew selvedge vintage slim (now called slim-straight) in resin crinkle wash from last year. These are pretty pricey at full retail ($155) but they are nice, heavyweight Japanese denim and they fit me perfectly.
    Thanks for the details on the JC denim, LukeDuke. That's a wee bit outa my comfort zone price-wise, for jeans. But I guess that's why they look and fit so well. Sometimes ya get what pay for, eh? I will keep them in mind, in case I see some stellar deal come thru. I wore my JCF pair, that I recently bought in their 50% off sale, this weekend. They worked out pretty good. They're the vintage slim-straight, in black wash. Not black, really - but pretty damn dark. Something different. Fit pretty good, but I'm a little concerned about the length. Just right now - but might shrink a little short. We'll see. I'll have to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    I've seen that blazer in store, it fit well and liked it, I just couldn't picture how I'd wear it. I think up close the herringbone kinda threw me, but in the pictures it looks like a nice mid-grey. Anyhow, I'm liking that look you've got going there and I think you have convinced me that I need to pick it up.
    Yeah Mark, regarding the grey herringbone BR blazer, I personally think the color is GREAT. Very versatile, IMO. The herringbone pattern, as you said, is pronounced in close-up shots, but from normal wearing viewing distance it comes across as a very neutral, med-to-light grey. I highly recommend it, especially if you can get a deal on it. I got mine as part of the F&F, for half off, so it was a no-brainer in my eyes then.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Yoyorobbo, nice. I like the OCBD-jacket combination.
    Thanks, BB. I thrifted that LE shirt. One of the few slim fit shirts I've seen thrifting. I like the reddish/maroonish, almost *chambrayish* look to it, and was hoping it worked well with the grey blazer, so thanks for the confidence boost, bud.