Page 404 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 13422

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake101 View Post
    I can almost smell the fragrance through the picture! Looks good though, dig those shoes
    LOL! Yeah, New Haarlem is a BEASTLY one, for sure. One spray and done, or you'll be smelling like the Waffle House all day. Actually, that's not so bad, is it? OK, two sprays. Now done!

re: the shoes - Thanks. I really like 'em. Dress(ier) loafers can be tricky for me. These seem to work well with my insanely-flat feet. Again, thanks for the comment, bud. Plus, they match my watch strap. MUUUHHHAAAA...!!!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    @yoyo What are those TBNY Quintons? I've never seen that acronym before, but I'm intrigued by the idea of a ("really, really ridiculously good-looking") loafer that works with flat feet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    Ne'ermind. Finally managed a productive Google query. Carry on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Whoa, looks like loafer fever is starting to hit the boards!

@devirkahan: Great fit on those pants. A bit slimmer than I could ever pull off, but I'm sure the silhouette is great. I like the jacket; maybe it feels a bit bulky with the sweater/shirt combo underneath?

Long time no post for me. Just celebrated the girlfriend's birthday yesterday with some wine tasting in the valley and a night out on the town. Apologies for the quality of the photos; I only seem to ever remember to snap pictures in restaurant bathrooms, so I often avoid posting if they're overly grainy/distorted. Hopefully these aren't terrible. Check out that awesome infinity mirror effect! In hindsight the outfit could have probably benefited from a tie. I've been getting a bit bored of the jacket/unbuttoned collar look recently, so it's probably high time to mix it up a bit.

Shirt: BR
    Jacket: JCF
    Pants: 514
    Shoes: AE
    Watch: Orient

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    @Angus: LOL! Yeah, late-night google-fu can yield some interesting results. I feel ya.

And as you undoubtably have surmised, TBNY is To Boot New York. I *think* these are the Quintons. I don't think they carry them any longer, but there are a couple very similar models in their lineup. One is called the Senato, or something. I don't personally like the toe shape and design of that one as much compared to mine, but it's not bad either.

Banana Republic and DSW (Aston Grey or whatever house brand?) have a loafer that is cut very closely to it too. Not sure about the quality on those, but they *seem* to be pretty nice.

Whatever you do, if you go looking for some TBNYs, do *not* pay retail (MSRP) for them. They can be found much, much cheaper at places like Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off 5th (or whatever Saks discount shop is named); probably elsewhere online too.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the comment on the shoes themselves. I really like them, especially because they fit my dorky feet so damn good. You have flat feet too, I take it?
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; April 16th, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    @yoyo My feet are flat as boards. It probably goes without saying that loafers can be a challenge to fit, which is why I've stuck to boat shoes up to this point.

Thanks for info about BR and DSW. I might give those a shot, though I'm seriously digging TBNY's Parke penny loafers, which look pretty close to yours. And now that I know the retail price doesn't mean they're always in the wife-wouldn't-forgive-me range... guess I'll just have to sales stalk.

Unrelated, but what strap did you put on the Orient? I've got a dressy little KC that I'd like to put a thin-ish croc band on, and yours looks pretty trim in the photo.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusM View Post
    @yoyo My feet are flat as boards.
    Boards? Lucky! Mine are more like rockers. No, not like AC/DC or Zeppelin; but like the curved bands on a rocking chair. OK, that's probably exaggerating a tad, but truly I have never seen any flatter than mine. Sucks, dunnit?

Quote Originally Posted by AngusM View Post
    Unrelated, but what strap did you put on the Orient? I've got a dressy little KC that I'd like to put a thin-ish croc band on, and yours looks pretty trim in the photo.
    It's actually the stock strap on my Vintage. It's a VERY dark brown, with hints of burgundy, at least to my eyes. It is also coupled to a deployant clasp, which I absolutely love. What size is your KC? You could certainly order a similar setup from one of the popular online watch dealers/sites. I got the watch from Island Watch.

Here's a few quicklinks for their straps/clasps/stuff:

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Hirsc...nds_s/1888.htm
    http://www.longislandwatch.com/Watch_Bands_s/1852.htm
    http://www.longislandwatch.com/category_s/1853.htm

Alternatively, maybe check out a local shop (Kohl's, Target, heck even Walmart), in their jewelry sections. I have picked up replacement leather straps at very good prices from those places before.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    @yoyorobbo Thanks for the in-depth opinion on the watch! I think you've swayed me on the Bulova but I might still pick up one of those Skagens down the line.
    Of course, man! No problem. Another option, just to muddy things up a bit, might be this similar-looking offering from Orient:

Kinda-sorta a mix of the two (Bulova + Skagen)? Nice price ($85) from Island Watch on that one right now:

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Orien...p/ug1r003w.htm

I don't have any personal experience with that one, but my Orient Vintage is rock-solid - probably my favorite timepiece ATM - and many, many folks here at Dappered rave about their products. Regardless, whichever you choose, wear it in good (and dapper) health!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    I usually order straps from http://fredawatchstraps.com/ , especially if it's a Hirsch strap. I just ordered a Hirsch Grand Duke for my Orient Millennium. I'll try and post pics later.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is my first WIWT post. I am just enjoying the day off, my girlfriend actually bought me a massage today. Let me know what you think:

shirt: Blank Label
    sport coat: Howard Yount
    pants: Banana Republic
    watch: Orient
    loafers: Zara
    belt: J. Crew Factory
    pocket square: Tie Bar
    Last edited by printyra; April 16th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.