Page 401 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 13363

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    @yoyo How do you like that Bulova? I was looking for a cheap, simple dress watch that I can rely on until I'm willing to spend a lot of money on a high quality one down the line. That one initially caught my eye, but I got roped in by the look of the Skagen 858XLSLDN (blue hands). Of course, now I can't find that one anywhere so I'm interested in hearing whether you think the Bulova is worth it.
    I *really* like it! Certainly worth the price, IMO. To me it looks all class, even on a budget. Some folks don't dig the thin (not width, but depth? - thickness, yeah that's the ticket), but I think it works well with the lightweight, minimalistic watch.

I also have a Skagen, similar to the blue hand one you mention, Mine is the 958XLSL, the one referred to by some as the *Driver*-esque model, as it has some similarities, in look only, to the one Gosling wears in the film. Here's a WIWT link with that watch, if you're interested:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post108385

I find I use them both in different situations. I love them both. The Skagen, to me, is much more casual, but the Bulova, although dressier, can be worn casually too. You could also pick up a brown strap and swap it out on the Bulova for a different look, when so desired.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    @Pitt: Thanks, man. I missed your comment before I replied to kai a little earlier. But yeah, I really like the Bulova, and highly recommend it. I don't wear it that often, mainly because I don't wear black shoes that frequently. I may do as I advised kai, and swap out the black band for a brown one - that way it may see more wrist time. Although, it is nice having a go-to black leather dress watch I'm the stable. IMO, it's a great watch for the cash. Looks like a much pricier timepiece to me.

They (Bulova) do have a brown leather strap model that is similar, but with a mix of silver and rose gold looks for the metals. It's pretty sweet too. I could use a rose gold option in my set, so maybe...

Oh, and I'm really diggin your look there, bud. Very crisp and clean! The chinos look cool. Are those the newer Gap ones that I'm seeing in the mags as of late?

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    Posting these mainly to show off the Robert Talbott knit wool tie I picked up from Nordstrom Rack. It's the only knit tie I've ever encountered that actually ties a decent knot - not too huge or bulbous. MSRP is an absurd $150.

Bonobos linen jacket, LEC OCBD, Robert Talbott tie, Macy's tiebar, MT Silversmiths buckle, Target pants, Chippewa boots
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog Totally dug the vest look from before, but I don't think the cargo pants work in this most recent 'fit. Everything is so streamlined and classic in the look and then... bulky cargo pants? under a Western-style belt buckle? and a linen blazer? The cargo pants are the wrong kind of rugged for the rest of the outfit, IMO. But everything else hits the rugged/refined sweet spot dead on.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Trying out my first TM Lewin shirt. I really like the pattern and the fit, but I'm not in love with the collar or the fabric.

Blazer: BR
    Shirt: TM Lewin
    Tie: Knottery
    Pants: Lands End
    Shoes: AE Van Ness in burgundy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Still can't figure how to wear this color of the Kensington. Ah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @yoyorobbo Thanks man! I think my next purchase will be that watch since I only have a timex weekender in a black strap; good to hear you speak so highly of it too. But I believe these are the newest ones, the "broken in khakis" they have a ton of colors, I bought mine in mid-march when they were running a sale..kinda regret not getting another pair but I really like them. The material feels great and the cut is slim too, I wouldn't pay full retail for em though since Gap runs sales it seems like 4 days a week haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Jake101 - If that's the gray Kensington, do you have some details? I'm trying to decide if I want it but on the website it looks almost white. How light/dark would you say it is? They've never had it in the stores around here to see it. I have the other two and really like them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag311 View Post
    @Jake101 - If that's the gray Kensington, do you have some details? I'm trying to decide if I want it but on the website it looks almost white. How light/dark would you say it is? They've never had it in the stores around here to see it. I have the other two and really like them.
    I havent seen the picture online, but the grey Kensington is VERY light. I'd say it would be what most stores would call stone if it were pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    I havent seen the picture online, but the grey Kensington is VERY light. I'd say it would be what most stores would call stone if it were pants.
    I agree. I like to wear it with jeans.