Page 366 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466866 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 13423

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    I know the sleeves on the Calibrate shirts are about an inch shorter than ideal for me but do you think I need to shorten the sleeves on this jacket? I haven't done any tailoring to it yet.

shirt - Calibrate
    jeans - BR factory
    blazer - BR
    shoes - AE McTavish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I know the sleeves on the Calibrate shirts are about an inch shorter than ideal for me but do you think I need to shorten the sleeves on this jacket? I haven't done any tailoring to it yet.
    .375"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    @ Vicious - OK. I may have missed it from long ago, but what are the deets on the BR factory jeans? Can I buy BR factory jeans online? I'm just interested because they have a great look. Also... still incredibly envious of the McTavish's. Well done!

Regarding the sleeves of the jacket; they look a little long; ideally, it looks like they should be shortened.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    @Matt Sasco: I don't think I'd wear them on a particularly nasty day, but if it's not currently raining hard and the snow is mostly cleared, I'm not going to sweat it. We'll see if I live to regret that...

@Vicious: The sleeves are slightly longer than ideal, but it's not a big deal. Overall, the outfit looks great.

This is me tonight, a rare night out with my wife:

(Sorry about the crappy photo)
    Jacket: no brand apparent (from a vintage store). This thing is made of very thick wool flannel, kind of a cross between a shirt and a jacket. Very warm and a nice primary red. It's not hard to get the bartender's attention in this.
    Shirt: BR
    Jeans: Uniqlo
    Shoes: Florsheim. This was the maiden voyage of these Florsheims I bought last fall at a deep discount. Overall impression: pretty damn nice for the money.
    Last edited by Shomas; March 24th, 2013 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    @Shomas - Great look. Red jacket looks great. Red wool?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff4 View Post
    @Shomas - Great look. Red jacket looks great. Red wool?
    Thanks - (I clearly didn't get my edit in quickly enough) - it is indeed wool. It's scratchy, but not really a problem unless it's worn over a t-shirt, which is pretty unlikely.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Looks fantastic; well done! Great mix of color.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Jeff - I got the jeans about 4-5 months ago but saw the same ones at the outlet when I was there last week when we could use the F&F coupons. You have to go in to an outlet store to buy them. The 2 pairs of jeans I have from there fit much better than all the ones I tried at the actual BR stores. Their sizing seems much more consistent to me as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @ Bruschetta - I go to Abertay University in Dundee, a rather small place, yes. And it is no St Andrews by any means I'm graduating this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @ Shomas

It's a great look, as always, but the thing that has really stood out to me from your past looks is how perfect those jeans are for you. Perfect cuff size, perfect length, slim enough that there's not extra denim hanging off you, but not slim enough to read as "skinny." They're really awesome.

As someone constantly searching for a new pair of dark denim, any chance you could share the leg opening? The range between straight and skinny is so large (3") that it's rare to see a pair that bridges it perfectly.