Page 362 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 13254

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrown View Post
    I'm wearing charcoal pants today too and had the same dilemma when picking out shoes... Went with black. If I do wear the brown next time, do I go with grey socks to match the pants, or brown socks to go with the shoes? I seem to remember reading that your socks should appear more as an extension of your pants. Unless you go with something completely different.
    Matching socks to pants is "safe", but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Example, in my WIWT I'm wearing red woven socks, brown chinos and chocolate suede chukkas. However, my shirt, tie and pocket square all have red. As long as your socks pair with a prominent color in your outfit, go for it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

6 months in, and these have become my go-to shoes, surprisingly versatile. I wear these maybe 2x a week. Other than shoe trees, I haven't done anything to them. The chocolate leather is beautiful, they're breaking in nicely. Worn mostly with gray wool and dark jeans. I love these boots.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrown View Post
    I'm wearing charcoal pants today too and had the same dilemma when picking out shoes... Went with black. If I do wear the brown next time, do I go with grey socks to match the pants, or brown socks to go with the shoes? I seem to remember reading that your socks should appear more as an extension of your pants. Unless you go with something completely different.
    As for shoes... black shoes are safe with charcoal. According to Style Forum, if it is a charcoal suit, only black shoes. If you are wearing charcoal pants, dark brown/chocolate suede are ok. So no brown shoes with a charcoal suit.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiveDroit View Post
    6 months in, and these have become my go-to shoes, surprisingly versatile. I wear these maybe 2x a week. Other than shoe trees, I haven't done anything to them. The chocolate leather is beautiful, they're breaking in nicely. Worn mostly with gray wool and dark jeans. I love these boots.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Beautiful day yesterday; of course I spent it in class and proctoring exams so kept it casual:

Polo - pink uniqlo
    Cardigan - grey uniqlo
    Pants - olive bonobos travel denim
    Socks - red polo
    Shoes - JM Runnel Chukka (that got pretty messed up in a surprise storm this weekend)

Today, it is cold and rainy (ignore the random dirt on the mirror by my chest):

Shirt - CT Slim Fit (should have gotten the tailored fit--need to get it taken in)
    Pants - Levis 514
    Socks - Purple Polo
    Shoes - AE McTavish

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by printyra View Post
    As for shoes... black shoes are safe with charcoal. According to Style Forum, if it is a charcoal suit, only black shoes. If you are wearing charcoal pants, dark brown/chocolate suede are ok. So no brown shoes with a charcoal suit.
    Chocolate brown shoes go with charcoal suits, too. I think black is actually not a good look with charcoal pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Another incognito cube WIWT:

Sweater: Target Merona
    Pants: Express
    Shoes: AE Fifth Street

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @Margotron
    Great casual Americana look. If you were sitting on a log in some evergreen forest, you'd look like an LL Bean ad. In a good way.

It may be Spring, but the weather in NYC is still wintery so I'm trotting out the J Crew tweed yet again.

Blazer: J Crew Ludlow
    Shirt: Uniqlo
    Pants: Uniqlo
    Tie, tie bar & pocket square: The Tie Bar
    Shoes: Allen Edmonds Delray
    Watch: Orient Symphony

Feedback/critique always welcome!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sasco View Post
    @yoyo - I think those shoes look more than okay, I like them a lot, especially for that price!

It is horribly snowy and windy again in Scotland, when will spring come at last. Hence I have my ugly shoes on, there is so much salt on the roads, I do not dare wear my nice ones out. So layering is the name of the game, which I like, but the lack of sunshine explains the lack of my smiles on these pictures:
    Outfit 1

Outfit 2
    @Matt: Thanks for the confidence boost for me wearing those thrifted Florsheims. I agree that for the dough ($5.50, IIRC), it's tough to complain about some wrinkles/creases, but I just tend to take pretty good care of my footwear (at least I like to think so), so when I put those on in the morning, I felt like they really stood out as somewhat overly *used*. Again thanks for the comment. I appreciate it!

Also, I'm really diggin' your layered looks. My layering tends to be pretty minimal, t-shirt/button-up or OCBD/sweater or blazer. But you really have the varying patterns and fabrics nailed. I'm not anywhere near that yet. Yet.

Oh yeah, and finally, nice Timex chrono. I *think* that may be the one I was envisioning when I said a little while back that the Seiko chrono I recently procured reminded me of a particular Timex model, along with having some hints of a Hamilton chrono too. Pretty good company there, for sure. So yeah, sweet watch, man!