Page 317 of 1339 FirstFirst ... 2172673073153163173183193273674178171317 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 13385

Thread: WIWT

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Big fan of the LE jacket by the way, Jeff. I almost returned it, but I'm so glad I kept it. Looks rugged, but as you've shown still works well over a dress shirt and pants.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Shomas, That Uniqlo suit fits surprisingly well. How tall are you? I found Uniqlo's length to be far too short for me (5'10"), but it looks just about perfect on you.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Shomas, That Uniqlo suit fits surprisingly well. How tall are you? I found Uniqlo's length to be far too short for me (5'10"), but it looks just about perfect on you.
    It does fit me very well. It's probably the best $150 I ever spent. I'm 5'9.5" - 5'10" depending on how much I slouch. Other Uniqlo suit jackets I've tried on didn't fit me very well, but this one, once I had the sleeves taken up about .5", is great. It's not going to last forever, but I've had it over a year and I wear it a couple of times per month and so far so good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    @Jake: The tweed is killer. Just a question; is the tie bar between what looks like buttons 2 and 3 a personal choice, or more commonplace? Seen a lot of guys doing it, but I've always been taught 3 and 4.

@jeff: Did pretty well; pants fit is killing it if you ask me, especially the slimness. Not sure if they need to be hemmed or they're just wrinkled, but I really like the slim fit. Tie bar would be an upgrade.

@Shomas: LOVE IT. I'm sure some will question the choice of the black suit (...or is it navy? which would make everything I'm about to say irrelevant), and certainly the shoes with the black (again, ?) suit (indeed, I feel perhaps either black (of course) or a lighter walnut might have done better), but the grey socks help to break it up a bit, and the shoes are so goodlooking that it works out alright. Speaking of the socks, I love the socks. That is all.

Photo quality went out the window again; think it depends on the lighting. Decided to give the Beckham halftuck a spin today:

Sweater: Express
    Shirt: Express
    Jeans: Express (seeing a pattern? these are my go to dark wash - they're resin coated, which I enjoy as a nice touch which makes the color much more uniform, almost look like navy chinos)
    Henley: American Eagle

Disregard the bear head drawn on my hand.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Blazer details, Vicious? It's a great fit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)
    It's a Hickey Freeman Sterling collection blazer in a burgundy herringbone I bought during their recent sale. Only tailoring required was shortening the sleeves a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    @Vicious: Got it. You picked up the navy Sterling from HF as well, right? Fit looked spot on for that one too. Nice finds.

---

Here's one from last night for me (pardon the restaurant bathroom mirror shot):

And today. Really casual. Washed/waxed the car this afternoon and just threw on a pair of boat shoes that I didn't mind getting a bit wet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    @mikey thanks - I've never really worried about it , just did what felt right and what I've seen

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Vicious49, this blazer fit has raised my expectations for you. From now on I will expect equal if not better fits, and perhaps even wool trousers.