Page 312 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 2122623023103113123133143223624128121312 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 13254

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Ben - I like the jacket. I've gotten used to your belt buckles being part of your style so no comment there.

Matt - Loving the jacket with the elbow patches and everything. Not liking that shirt with this combo as much as when you wore it last time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I feel like everybody's always caveating LBD's belt buckles (ie, "not my thing, but not bad"), so I'd like to go on record as saying I really, really like them. I think they add a brilliant, subtle touch of high/low to LBD's outfits and I love how they constitute his own unique style signature without being over the top.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idle_Hands View Post
    I feel like everybody's always caveating LBD's belt buckles (ie, "not my thing, but not bad"), so I'd like to go on record as saying I really, really like them. I think they add a brilliant, subtle touch of high/low to LBD's outfits and I love how they constitute his own unique style signature without being over the top.
    The thing with his belt buckles is that they can really only be done in certain parts of the country or in certain professions. He is from the midwest so it's accepted. Even if he moved to the east coast, he could explain it's a midwest thing. I couldn't get away with it being raised in the DC metro area. So it's not my thing, but it works for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    LesserBlackDog - I love that look. Where is the are the jacket and pants from?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMac View Post
    yoyorobbo, my wife and I love Adventure Time! I think you made the right choice as a father, and as a proponent of personal style.

That outfit does remind me that I really need to get some red socks to add to my collection.
    Thanks, man. I try to keep my closet free and clear of these types of shirts these days (although I certainly have enjoyed my share of oddball ones from time to time - still do, very infrequently). But yeah, whenever we have a party for our kiddos, they like it when we wear something along the lines of the theme they have chosen. And like ya said, the red shirt gave me a great opportunity to wear those socks. I bought them from BR's clearance racks for less than $2, IIRC. LOL! I missed out on wearing them on Valentine's Day, so this was a perfect chance. I *did* get a couple compliments on them, which actually surprised me. They are pretty loud, contrasted with those ultra-brite white JPs, so I was a little anxious about them popping a little *too* much.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    Adventure Time is awesome. You would have been the most popular kid in the room if you had the Finn hoodie.
    LOL! Truth be told, my son *almost* wore a Finn hat that he saw at *Hot Topic*. Thing is he has the absolute GREATEST hair - unlike his old man (sniffle) - and it would be a shame to cover up his cool 'do, especially when he's the (little-)man of the party. But yeah, I guess I could have tried rockin' it. LOL

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    yoyo, mad props for knowing when to abandon conventional "style" for the importance of the occasion. Also, I love the sweatshirt regardless

Yeah, I am. Hopefully that's not considered too young to be interested in style round these parts of the internet =P
    Hey Mikey! Thanks, man. A few of us rocked out in our Adventure Time shirts. It helped add to the decorations, all of which we had to make on our own. My son has a real knack for choosing themes that the party supplies stores have yet to jump on. I made a cardboard *Beemo* prop (which actually doubled in some blindfold/cover duties for the "pin the sword on Finn the human" game), my wife made some custom cakes (one Finn and one Jake), and one of her students (she teaches HS) created the pin the sword game, and all of the swords to go with it, as well as a super cool custom pinata. We bought a Pikachu one, and she converted it into a Jake the dog one. LOL - Anyway, the t-shirts added to the overall theme decorations pretty well. Sometimes it's just fun to act like a kid again.

Oh, and dude, you have some kick-@$$ style for being so young. There's no age limit in these parts, as long as you do your *dappered* best. I think your WIWT posts certainly differ in a few areas from the norm here, but that's cool. It's your own flavor, and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks again for the comment on the party getup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Yeah, I am. Hopefully that's not considered too young to be interested in style round these parts of the internet =P
    Not at all! I bet most of us here wish we started learning at such an age.

@BenR: Solid Like Always Again
    @Matt: Nice very nice

between all the comments about waffles houses and adventure time I thought you guys should be well aware of this awesome video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalYJacOhpo

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonATL View Post

Incredible three-piece tweed suit, handmade for Carroll & Co. (SF thrift thread purchase. Way less than $100.)
    (The detailing on this thing is amazing. Everything is handstitched. It's a little tight right now, but will be a great fit eventually.)
    Awesome suit! You needed a pipe to add to the mystique. But I imagine that the Waffle House patrons wouldn't be too fond of that addition. Just funny that I saw your pic here again today, and noticed that the pattern looks a little similar to the pants I'm wearing today. Maybe just the typical tweed pattern that I should recognize as such - dunno.

They're not exact, and of course I'm sure that your suit blows these away as far as detailing, stitching, and general badassery, but here's a pic of my BR pants (in a weirdly-angled sorta oddly-composed WIWT that I was going to post a couple weeks back, but never did), to see if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing in some sort of similarity:

half-zip pullover sweater: BR
    soft-wash OCBD: BR
    leather belt (not shown): BR
    vintage straight cotton pants: BR
    argyle socks: Merona/Target (Wow! Something *not* from BR, right?)
    boots: JCP Stafford Cutter
    watch: Skagen 958XLSL

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Trying out some new pants I got from Bonobos. Just got them back from the tailor since they came unhemmed.

EDIT: Here's a closer pic of the pants since the other one didn't show any details about the material.

Last edited by Vicious49; February 18th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.