Page 311 of 1325 FirstFirst ... 2112613013093103113123133213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 13249

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRicketts View Post
    @Vicious - How long have you had those Clarks and how often do you wear them? I've decided to return my current pair of Erixon shoes to their store and try the desert boots again, this time in the same beeswax leather you have. Just curious how long it'll take to get that lived-in look yours are starting to develop.
    Mine developed that look after 2-3 months, being worn around 2 days per week.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRicketts View Post
    @Vicious - How long have you had those Clarks and how often do you wear them? I've decided to return my current pair of Erixon shoes to their store and try the desert boots again, this time in the same beeswax leather you have. Just curious how long it'll take to get that lived-in look yours are starting to develop.
    I've had mine for about 6 months now. Usage varies. I could wear them 3-4 times in a week and then not wear them at all for the next 2-3 weeks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Not personally a fan of such a large cuff. Is keep it to half an inch at max. I prefer to let my raw denim stack though..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Sometimes ya gotta let loose and give things a break. I'd say your son's 9th *Adventure Time* themed birthday party falls into that category. I tried to keep true to some sense of style with the dark-wash 501s, BR striped socks, and white canvas Jack Purcells. But the t-shirt was basically a moral imperative. Plus it brought the biggest smile to my boy's face, and that counts most. What a kid! What a party!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yoyorobbo, my wife and I love Adventure Time! I think you made the right choice as a father, and as a proponent of personal style.

That outfit does remind me that I really need to get some red socks to add to my collection.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Adventure Time is awesome. You would have been the most popular kid in the room if you had the Finn hoodie.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    JonATL - Definitely looks retro/vintage.
    Tomas - Excellent fit on the jacket.

I know some will say I should have tucked in the shirt. I was on the fence about it, but since it's flannel I decided to leave it untucked.

shirt - F&O
    cords - JC Factory
    shoes - Clarks
    watche - Citizen ecodrive
    You can go either way, tucked or untucked, with that look, Viscious. IMHO, though... when you untuck, especially with a flannel shirt, you should roll the sleeves and unbutton the sedond button beneath the collar. Otherwise, to me at least, it looks like you were not quite decided about going casual.

On the other hand, that's just me. Unless I'm wearing a jacket or a sweater, my sleeves are rolled. And unless I'm wearing a tie, usually the top two buttons are undone. (Rolled for me, by the way, is less "rolled" and more pushed up and tucked--artfully disheveled, as they say, like a waiter with attitude.)
    Last edited by Duvel; February 17th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    yoyo, mad props for knowing when to abandon conventional "style" for the importance of the occasion. Also, I love the sweatshirt regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    @Mikey: ModelUN? Are you in high school? In anycase I like the contrast you put into your outfit with the tie versus the darker neutral colors of everything. Gives off a youthful vibe.
    Yeah, I am. Hopefully that's not considered too young to be interested in style round these parts of the internet =P

Got back from last day of MUN, wore this:

Blazer: The same thrifted Hickey Freeman
    Shirt: Express
    Tie: DKNY
    Pants: Express
    Watch: Timex

Forgive my unwillingness to bother to find better lighting; it's been a very tiring weekend.
    Last edited by Mikey; February 17th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Mikey - Another excellent outfit!
    @BlackDog - Solid outfit, although I'm not mad about the belt buckle. And the similar colored shoes and trousers actually are pretty nice, I'm always scared to pull a similar combo.

Spring is officially in Scotland so I ditched my coat for some layering: