Page 308 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2082582983063073083093103183584088081308 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 13342

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Piccolo - I don't remember for sure, but I think the socks are BR from a a few years ago.

Yoyorobbo - I haven't tried wearing it with brown, but you're probably right.

Edit: the socks actually say jcrew on them, so they are most likely jcrew factory from this past year.
    Last edited by Vicious49; February 12th, 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the feedback Piccolo, indeed this suit is rather a slimmer cut, almost skinny, these things are quite in fashion here in the UK (I'm not sure where you reside). I like a very slim cut, most of my chinos and jeans have similar cut on the trousers, might not be what is perfect but I like it for now. Have a dark suit with a more traditional cut for more formal occasions, this is rather a beater suit to go out, have fun and not worry about the consequences. As for the shoes, true, I do like a more traditional English last but indeed, a more sleeker toe would work better here. I do have a crisp white spread collar shirt, or a blue white stripped point collar, I shall try to get some shots and will post later in the how does this fit thread. Thank you for your pointers!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    @Matt Sasco: I agree that the likely issue is not so much the slim cut of the pants, but rather their length. I'm no tailor, but that's my best guess. I don't think there's a huge problem with the shoes. A slim suit with substantial shoes can be a sort of mod/suedehead look that I like a lot when it's done right.

Jacket: BR
    Shirt: LEC
    Pants: JCF
    Tie: inherited from my grandfather in law, brand unknown
    Tie bar: The Tie Bar
    Not pictured: AE Neumoras

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    @Matt Sasco: I agree that the likely issue is not so much the slim cut of the pants, but rather their length. I'm no tailor, but that's my best guess. I don't think there's a huge problem with the shoes. A slim suit with substantial shoes can be a sort of mod/suedehead look that I like a lot when it's done right.
    Agreed; you can see the stacking on the legs that is often done with skinny jeans.

Apologies for the horrific image quality. Got a lot of compliments on this set though.

Shirt: Express
    Jacket: Guess
    Belt: Martin Dingman (from Nordstrom Rack; if you can't tell because of resolution, it's crocodile)
    Jeans: Express (these aren't the only jeans I own, promise)

The bracelet I picked up from a kiosk in the mall on impulse and it's a bit of a trademark; the watch is a G-Shock...I know, I need a new one.

Put them with my white leather Jack Purcells.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Another really casual one from me.

shirt - F&O
    pants - BR Factory
    shoes - AE Cascades
    vest - Lands End

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool casual look Mikey, like everything about it!
    @Vicious - this is also a nice casual look, love that shirt, I would have tucked it in and added a braided belt but then it might turn out less casual I guess! Well put together!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Pardon my dusty dirty mirror again

gap shirt
    bonobos pants
    merona tie
    Fx jacket
    Frye wingtips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Love the jacket! May I ask where you bought it? Is fx the brand name? Can't seem to find it in google.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    @acoustic - solid outfit. I like the jacket a lot too. I wouldn't have thought to pair a tie with that ensemble, but the big plaid pattern and the material (cotton?) help it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @Bjm: Thanks! YEs the Tie is cotton.
    @Jrit: Oops! I made a typo. Should be fox not fx. Sorry about that.

Just class today. No plans on V-day so just bumming around. Again apologies for the dirty mirror.

Shirt: Brushetta (BR actually)
    Cardigan: Forever21
    514s
    Dixon USA jacket
    Wolverine 1Ks