Page 307 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 2072572973053063073083093173574078071307 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 13339

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @Kenneth, good layering, where did you guys go and was she under dressed compare to you?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Decided to go simple today so I would have an excuse to wear my new Aberdeens.

shirt - JCFactory
    pants - BR
    vest - Lands End
    shoes - AE Aberdeen
    watch - Orient Millennium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Kenneth - nicely done, I do think she noticed but some people are just afraid of giving compliments, not me though, so well done!
    @Vicious - digging the shoes!

And on your note Kenneth, I suited up today for a networking event cause I knew that this incredible girl (who is actually from the states) would come too, well, she fell ill so didn't come, but I managed to wow three Italian girls. Italians sure can take in a nice attire, their eyes and smiles said it all!

On the fit: what do you guys think? I think the jacket fits nicely, maybe a bit snug. The trousers are a bit too long, but I was also wearing my brogue boots.

Suit - Topman
    Shirt - Tommy Hilfiger
    Tie - Next
    Shoes - Grenson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    @Matt - love that outfit combo

Shirt - LEC
    Tie - TheTieBar
    Chinos - LEC

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sasco View Post
    On the fit: what do you guys think? I think the jacket fits nicely, maybe a bit snug. The trousers are a bit too long, but I was also wearing my brogue boots.
    You can definitely see the X around the button that could indicate that it's a bit snug, but I'm diggin it regardless. Love the whole ensemble. Whether or not that jacket is considered "too tight" is generally a matter of personal preference; personally I don't mind if my jackets do that at all, but I'm sure there are some people for whom it's a problem.

@mjs: I was going to ask you how on earth you ended up with a tiebar on the left, and then I realized it was a mirror picture haha. Really likin' the shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

I didn't have much time to think on my outfit today so just threw on a tried and trusted ensemble, you all probably seen it before. But I'm sure you also tend to wear a favorite outfit multiple times, otherwise you'd be the queen of England

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Matt, this account is brand new but I have been on here for a while, for some reason dappered's log-in process was a weird pain in the ass for me and I kept having to reset passwords on my old accounts.

Anyways, I wanted to post some constructive feedback on the Topman suit from yesterday. First, as you noted, it is too tight in the waist, though I would suck it up and ask someone to take a photo of you (my roommate is kind enough to, my sisters do sometimes) so we can get a better idea of the true fit. The pants also fit quite odd, they appear very tight in the thigh, have a small leg opening (is that 8"? Less???), but there is significant stacking of material throughout the calves indicating they are too long but cant break because of the small leg opening. Honestly, suit pants should never look like that, even on the tail end of a long all-day wear of sitting, walking, whatever. The shoes, while very nice, I don't think work with the slim fit, skinnier lapels due to their blobby toe - I think you can definitely pull off the slim cut, but a sharper/sleeker pair would do wonders here.

Finally, with your complexion and shoe color I am not sure that the shirt suits you, too dark for the rest of the outfit and is quite jarring next to a pure white linen square. I would love to see this exact same outfit except with a light blue and white striped or checkered shirt, even if it is in the dressing room of a J. Crew or something just so we can compare. Think that is doable?

Take with a grain of salt, just another guy on a forum.
    Last edited by PiCcolocV; February 12th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Wanted to wear my Omega today which meant I had to go more black than brown. Not really cold enough to layer today so a pretty simple look.

shirt - Calibrate from Nordstroms
    pants - Bonobos
    shoes - AE Mctavish
    watch - Omega

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Uh, I know this is kinda random, but deetz on socks? I love those elegant yet nuanced type socks that go with both suits and jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Wanted to wear my Omega today which meant I had to go more black than brown. Not really cold enough to layer today so a pretty simple look.

pants - Bonobos
    shoes - AE Mctavish
    watch - Omega

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

pants - Bonobos
    shoes - AE Mctavish
    watch - Omega
    I love that Omega, and I also think the whole outfit is great; but I think you can wear a black faced/beveled SS watch with just about any color ensemble. Still, it certainly does work perfectly with the black/white/grey in your WIWT. Nicely done!