Page 263 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 1632132532612622632642652733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 13297

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Appreciate the honest critique. What color would you recommend instead? Or would a plaid blazer be better served without a pocket square?

You know I'm not sure, I actually ordered a whole bunch of cheap PS's off ebay in various colours and just pop them in to see what works and then will get cotton ones as I decide what works
    I'm thinking none would be safe for sure, but maybe a slightly brighter shade of blue than the darkest on jacket or grey/charcoal, possibly a blue pastel.
    Last edited by shad0w4life; January 10th, 2013 at 01:47 AM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Foodie I'm not sure about the white for a pocket square choice on that jacket; Not sure if it's to do with the white collar on blue shirt or what but it instantly took my attention away from anything else. Otherwise as always looks good.
    Shad0w4life, I disagree. I think the white pocket square looks fine. That being said, I would have liked the outfit better if Acoustic had elected to skip the pocket square entirely; it was not needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @foodie I'm also finding the PS kind of distracting otherwise I love the jacket and sweater color combo.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @AcousticFoodie
    Count me among those who thinks the white square was a good choice. I mean, a white square is the safest choice there is and I like how it goes with the contrasting white collar and cuffs.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    @ foodie I dont think the PS looks bad with the white collar and I think its something noone in the "real world" would see and think your outfit is ruined. Ive never really expiremented with them, mostly because I still need to get used to wearing a blazer in general.

Went to do some thrifting today but didn't find anything worth while. Just my usual ultra casual look like always

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85ff8e48.jpg
    shirt: thrifted
    pants: bonobos travel jeans
    shoes: vans vault

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Since everyone's weighing in on Foodie's PS, I feel compelled to, also. It's an interesting question to me because I don't have any boldly patterned blazers myself and thus have no experience wearing PS's with them.

On the basis of this one photo--which is, admittedly, not all that much evidence--I'm inclined to think boldly patterned blazers don't really need PS's all that much. A solid (or subtly patterned) blazer is (or appears to the eye as) an undifferentiated mass of color across most of the torso. On that kind of blazer, a PS can be a welcome, subtle break from the color's strong monotony. I think this is why PS wearers sometimes come to feel as if a jacket is strangely empty w/o one.

A blazer with a bold pattern (or, I suppose, color) doesn't have that problem. If anything, it's the opposite: there's too much going on and everything else in the outfit needs to be toned down accordingly. In Foodie's pic, the PS feels to me like an unwelcome interruption of the blazer's pattern rather than a pleasant surprise.

Basically, my wokring theory is that what in a tame blazer is a nice little sliver of variety becomes a distraction, a feeling of too-much-ness, in a bolder blazer.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    A pretty casual day by me since I wasn't going further than the mailbox today. I do cheat sometimes when I'm wearing boots by wearing athletic socks underneath. They're much thicker than dress socks so they help the boots fit more snug.

shirt - JCF $20-$25
    pants - JCF $30
    jacket - BRF $50

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    @Vicious with every post you make me want to go get the watch lol and in the close up I like the jacket pattern.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    If someone can tell me HOW to post images so they don't expand like this, that would be awesome.

Quick after work photo

Here's texture of shirt, unfortunately the sharkskin texture on the vest didn't come through.

Shirt is CT puppy tooth
    Vest is Dragon Inside Midnight Blue Sharkskin
    Pants are tip top tailors that I forced myself to wear due to terrible weather
    Last edited by shad0w4life; January 10th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    If someone can tell me HOW to post images so they don't expand like this, that would be awesome.
    Images must be resized prior to upload to photobucket. Other hosts like imgur allow for crop/resize after upload.