Page 221 of 1343 FirstFirst ... 1211712112192202212222232312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 13423

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @Sdot: Looking sharp! Is that a cotton jacket? Makes me think I need to go get mine altered and start wearing it now instead of waiting for spring.
    @TomasR: Excellent news on your donegal jacket. I actually had the same experience. :-) Did you get the pants, too? I got a pair, but I haven't had them hemmed yet. I'm going to get them cuffed. Even then, though, I expect that the jacket will be getting plenty of use even without the pants.

And to both of you... I've never been a fan of knit ties, but shots like these are starting to bring me around.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @Acousticfoodie
    Thanks! That's actually the length I keep my beard at. I sometimes let it get pretty grizzled, but my hair gets more and more wavy the longer it gets and the beard loses its smooth appearance as a result. As for your look, once again...sweater/shirt/tie combo is aces.

@alan
    I didn't get the pants as I tend to prefer blazers over full suits. I'd look way out of place on the job rocking a full suit. I also haven't really gotten into the wool pants thing yet. Still trying to find my style footing while avoiding purchases I'm not 100% sure about. Out of curiosity, how is the fit on the pants? I always get my pants tapered, but how are they above the knee?

Also, KNIT TIES FOREVER.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @TomasR: If you're not sure about wool pants, I wouldn't even begin to consider these. They're itchy like the jacket except there's much more skin contact. They're only half-lined to the knee so the full backs of your legs will itch up a storm. That being said, I found the fit to be pretty good. It's a beltless pair of pants, but it has built-in adjustments on the sides.

@Acousticfoodie: I really like that shirt and tie. I like the way cardigans look on other people, but I don't feel like it's a look I can pull off, myself.
    Last edited by alan; November 21st, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomasR View Post
    Trying out a new combo with the L.E. Donegal tweed blazer that is becoming my go-to for the season. Still can't believe I got it for $125 and it fit perfectly out of the box. Even my exacting tailor said there were no alterations worth making.

Shirt: Uniqlo OCBD
    Tie: The Tie Bar
    Tie clip: The Tie Bar
    Pocket square: Red bandana from Army/Navy store
    Blazer: Land's End Donegal tweed in tailored fit
    Pants: Tailored J. Crew 484 slim fit corduroys
    Socks: Uniqlo
    Shoes: Florsheim wingtips
    Looking dapper man
    "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    @Sdot: Looking sharp! Is that a cotton jacket? Makes me think I need to go get mine altered and start wearing it now instead of waiting for spring.

And to both of you... I've never been a fan of knit ties, but shots like these are starting to bring me around.
    Thanks @alan. Yea, it's cotton...BR. I thinks it's ok to wear in the fall months as well, especially on a 60deg day like it was when I wore it.
    #StayDapper

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @TomasR: Actually, I haven't hemmed the pants yet, and I think I'm going to return them. I'll keep the jacket, but the donegal pants are going back. It's not that I wuoldn't wear them, but a new pair of shoes would be better, and I've got a crap load of AE's on the way to the house next week.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

Jacket, Pants, and Cardigan - LE (c is LEC)
    Shoes - AE Kenilworth
    Shirt - Target
    EDIT - haha @TomasR - sorry to post the same jacket, just had to try it on (got it for 53 bucks!) , and sorry about the image size, i stink at this sizing thing
    Last edited by Jake101; November 22nd, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @shad0w4life not really felling that tie, but the otherwise seems ok.

@jake101 those blazer sleeves look extremely short.
    #StayDapper

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Got these To Boot New York snuff suede shortwings at Saks Off Fifth for a mere $150! Been looking for some snuff suede dress shoes for a long time.

http://www.imgur.com/Arabe