Page 211 of 1340 FirstFirst ... 1111612012092102112122132212613117111211 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 13391

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Are the colors clashing, or no?
    Quote feature is great. I don't think they clash, but you have a lot going on. Many varied textures throughout the entire ensemble. Can't exactly tell from the picture whether I think it's too much or not, which is a good sign that it probably isn't too much.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMan View Post
    Im with wolcott, i think it works well together. To me a vest is a casual version of a blazer, if i would wear a blue blazer or cardigan with those pants, which by the way are dope, i see no reason a waistcoat wont go. i would have worn a different color tie not silk, (as i am not the biggest fan of silk ties). maybe pick up that dark beige in the houndstooth pattern, and maybe not go with the french cuff, although finding an oppurtunity to wear those superman cuffs would likely invoke me rocking it.

Shadow, what color is the shirt if you dont mind my asking?
    Shirt is a pink chambray 1 ply, which wrinkles like crazy but you can pickup hints of the white when close

regarding fench cuffs just because of the cufflinks, thankfully general opinion it seems; french are no more formal than button so I try and rock cufflinks as much as I can

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    WIWY:

Jacket: no-name brown/tan herringbone (thrifted)
    Sweater vest : LEC navy cotton
    Shirt: LE poplin white/blue striped BDC
    Tie: Gitman Bros. blue/brown plaid wool flannel
    Pants: LE khaki
    Shoes: Florsheim Veblens w/ orange laces

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @BB: Looks good to me. I like the jacket. I've been wanting one very similar to that.
    @shad0w4life: I must sound like a broken record, but I like the pants. In fact, i think the overall look is good, and I don't see anyone else's beef.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Today, the sky is falling because I didn't wear a jacket and/or tie.

Ignore the fluff around the mid-section. :-)

Sweater: LEC marle grey wool cable knit
    Shirt: LE white poplin BDC
    Pants: LEC khakis
    Watch: Fossil Walter (black band)
    Sunglasses: Persol aviators
    Shoes: Stafford wingtip boots w/ yellow laces
    Last edited by alan; November 15th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog: LBD? BenR? What do we call you now? Anyways, the last get-up of yours is crazy good. The whole thing. Just... Fantastic, man.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @alan
    Digging the sweater and color palette in the 2nd pic. Very 50's American casual which is a real golden era of casual menswear in my book. I notice you're rocking LE shirts in both pics and I'm looking into getting some. If you get a chance, I started a thread asking for opinions and would appreciate your take.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Digging the sweater and color palette in the 2nd pic. Very 50's American casual which is a real golden era of casual menswear in my book. I notice you're rocking LE shirts in both pics and I'm looking into getting some. If you get a chance, I started a thread asking for opinions and would appreciate your take.
    Thanks, TomasR! I don't get to wear the sweater often since the weather has to be just perfect. It's too thick to be taking on and off and it doesn't layer well so it has to be cool enough to wear it, but not so cold that I need to bundle up more.

I'll toss my two cents in on your other thread, but the synopsis is that my results have been extremely hit-or-miss. When they're good, they're quite good. And when they're bad, they're hopeless. I've personally been much more impressed with the poplins than the oxfords.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    BTW, everybody, I'm still getting used to this new format and only having 10 posts per page. Since this thread moves so fast, it quickly gets away from me. Sorry if I've missed anyone's posts. I've been playing serious catch-up here and I'm sure more that a couple have slipped through the cracks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @alan
    If you go to the settings page you can change the default from 10 posts per page to 40.