Page 13 of 1325 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

@greg, I love them, they are extremely comfortable, its handstiched and you can tell cuz once you wear them they conform to your foot, and the suede leather is very breathable...awesone shoe, i bought them for 60 bucks

@Mag thanks man the wife is actually the one who got me interested in my personal style becasue she is vtylish in her own right...Fashionista...people are always complimenting her and taking her picture...i rarely get pics taken of me but i am only there to compliment her look by being a dapper gent...lol

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)

@Tat Thanks for the welcome!

@MaxMan Thanks for the comments... yeah, the shoes aren't as square-toed in reality as they look in that photo, but I agree they aren't the best. I've owned them for a few years and I like to keep them in the rotation to give my nicer cap-toe oxfords a break. Also, I totally dig those moc boots, the orange is an awesome color.

Today I'm wearing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/10-6-2011.jpg

Shirt: J.Crew Factory

Tie: Chloe, a gift from my mom from her trip to London years ago

Jacket: Urban Outfitters (the waxed cotton racer featured by Joe on Dappered.com)

Jeans: Levi's 514

Boots: Timberland Earthkeepers

Belt: Calvin Klein

Sunglasses: Knockaround

Not visible: Dress watch by Fineat on a brown croco grain strap (shown here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k/P1050949.jpg )

An outfit like this is almost too costume-y for me, but I really like the juxtaposition of the greaser/rocker look with the delicate, almost feminine yellow floral tie and an understated dress watch.

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

@BenR love the tie and the boots!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

@BenR, man those earthkeepers are Dope! the look is really nice man...nice follow-up post man

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Casual Day at Grandparents Ranch Today, nice change up to work over there a bit.

Shirt: Banana Republic Soft Wash Cotten Plaid

Pants: Page Premium Denim Dark Indigo Slim Cut Jeans

Socks: Cotton Grey Cop'd at the Dollar Store lol.

Boots: Timberland Earthkeepers 6'' Lace-Up Boots. All weather boot, there excellent.

Pictures # 8 & 9

https://picasaweb.google.com/1048294...02988811850898

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Relaxed day. I'd forgot about this shirt because it wound up in the back of my car. I decided to let my chest out a bit.

Shirt: LEC

Pants: LEC SF jeans. I've got so much LEC stuff these days. I'm not too impressed with the way they define 'slim'.

Shoes: Sebago Beacon, waxed brown.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301952_10150861976700372_671650371_21426175_181938 8562_n.jpg

Dark picture--my apartment doesn't have much light. Gotta get on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BenR, those Earthkeepers are REALLY nice.

Like the look, but not in love with the shirt/tie combo.

Could be the pics, but it looks like it could use a little more contrast; as is, the tie kinda fades into the shirt. The statement with the soft, floral tie (vs the hardened boots and jacket look) is an interesting one, but the tie just isn't bold enough to carry the statement very far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Max...I dream of the day where I can pull off a hat like that.

Here's what I got today. Oh yea...the goop is on the mirror and not my pants.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1136666...40758736806322

https://picasaweb.google.com/113666665217544934355/October6201102#5660540823096781954

Shirt: Express Extra Slim Fit

Tie: From Kohl's forget the brand

Sweater: Express Extra Fine Merino

Pants: Express Producer

Shoes: J & M Durst

Socks: Merona - Target

Watch: Kenneth Cole

Is it natural for you to see some of the folds from the dress shirt through the sweater? I can't seem to eliminate that no matter how slim fitting the shirt underneath is. I'm sure a thicker sweater will mitigate it but is there any way to minimize it when wearing a lightweight sweater?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@BrianB

I'm not sure as to what you can do about the shirt / sweater look. But I do have a question about your producers, every time I've purchased a pair, I seem to always have to have my tailor tapper them in from the knee down because they always seem too baggy. Do you have this same problem, do you alter the width of the trousers after purchase or do they seem slim enough for your tasting?

I'm diggin the look outfit as a whole though, great job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Tat

I have two pairs of Producers. I haven't tailored either of them at all but they work well for me. To be honest, I am probably not the best person to ask because I'm transitioning from pants with wider legs/openings so these seem pretty slim to me in comparison. However in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure they do run a little baggy for most people's taste. From my understanding, the Photographer is a little slimmer through the thigh and has a narrower opening (16.5 vs. 17.5 on the Producer) so that might work a little better for your preference. I'll most likely be looking to taper my producers or look into the photographers next time I feel a need for new pants.