Page 1308 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 308808120812581298130613071308130913101318 ... LastLast
Results 13,071 to 13,080 of 13256

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    And that's what peacocking is all about! Love it.
    Definitely.

After spending well over a year of my life in unfriendly areas and among people who would have personally seen to my demise but for all the well-armed colleagues I had at my side, it has become far less difficult to be bold, head out, and not worry about whether others in the immediate vicinity thought it "appropriate".

Having a job where I needn't worry about what I'm wearing on the daily means I get to play a bit more and have fun with stuff.

It also doesn't hurt that Brian Sacawa (the guy who runs HeSpokeStyle) is local to me--and by that I mean we see each other at the commissary and class six on post (he doesn't shout it from the rooftops but he's in the Army) on a regular basis, so I can bounce ideas off him and get feedback from a dude who *DEFINITELY* knows his stuff.

Basically....life has thrown me some incredibly lucky opportunities that have all added up to an attitude that usually works. And when it doesn't, i have a second set of eyes that says "whooaaaa, hold up there cowboy."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Definitely.

After spending well over a year of my life in unfriendly areas and among people who would have personally seen to my demise but for all the well-armed colleagues I had at my side, it has become far less difficult to be bold, head out, and not worry about whether others in the immediate vicinity thought it "appropriate".

Having a job where I needn't worry about what I'm wearing on the daily means I get to play a bit more and have fun with stuff.

It also doesn't hurt that Brian Sacawa (the guy who runs HeSpokeStyle) is local to me--and by that I mean we see each other at the commissary and class six on post (he doesn't shout it from the rooftops but he's in the Army) on a regular basis, so I can bounce ideas off him and get feedback from a dude who *DEFINITELY* knows his stuff.
    Oh wow, did not know he was in the army at all, and I visit his site frequently!

My favorite accessory of yours is that horse head. You ever wear one over another, so that when you take one off when somebody grumbles about "appropriateness," you show them you're half centaur?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Oh wow, did not know he was in the army at all, and I visit his site frequently!

My favorite accessory of yours is that horse head. You ever wear one over another, so that when you take one off when somebody grumbles about "appropriateness," you show them you're half centaur?

Once or twice. Usually I'll have the puppet version along and if the main mask is shot down, out comes Mini-Me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    This sounds like a summertime dream right here. Very nice!
    Oh man, yeah you guys are getting hit hard with some extreme weather, huh?

Robert Barakett Seville Cardigan/"swazer"
    BR shawl collar sweater
    BR selvedge
    AE walnut Strand from eBay.

Once or twice. Usually I'll have the puppet version along and if the main mask is shot down, out comes Mini-Me.
    Haha love it. Mr. Ed Rogers
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 16th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

Failed at the selfie pose, but I think you get the idea:

Bonobos sport coat (deciding weather to keep it)
    S&M polo
    AG 5 pocket
    AE university

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post

S&M polo
    AG 5 pocket
    AE university

Keep it! Looks awesome!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Definitely.

Basically....life has thrown me some incredibly lucky opportunities that have all added up to an attitude that usually works. And when it doesn't, i have a second set of eyes that says "whooaaaa, hold up there cowboy."
    I was at Meade today meeting with some Joint people, thus the purple. I didn't see you. Weird.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDOG View Post
    I was at Meade today meeting with some Joint people, thus the purple. I didn't see you. Weird.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Nice! Heading to Gaffney for my afternoon run now.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Causal work rig.

Gant Rugger M-65 Jacket
    Spier & Mackay Polo
    Uniqlo Belt
    Bonobos Chinos
    Massdrop x Allen Edmonds Chukkas
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post

S&M polo
    AG 5 pocket
    AE university

Heck yeah, keep it! Love Bonobos jackets, but I'm a frugal jerk and wait for stuff to hit the clearance section then the seasonal sale-on-clearance code.