Page 1222 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 22272211221172121212201221122212231224123212721322 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,220 of 13339

Thread: WIWT

  1. #12211
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpenguinoloco View Post
    Defended my master's thesis yesterday:



    Congrats on the thesis! I would recommend notching that tie bar down a button or two. It might just be the high button stance on the jacket, but it looks really close to your tie knot and makes it appear off to me. I think the tie bar does well to put lines in between points of interest (like jacket button and tie knot) and I find it visually appealing to either have it offset 2/3 towards jacket button, or placed square in between.

    Also, it will function better placed lower (with the whole point of the tie bar to hold the tie, the further it is from the blade the worse it performs at said task).

  2. #12212
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperTexan View Post
    Congrats on the thesis! I would recommend notching that tie bar down a button or two. It might just be the high button stance on the jacket, but it looks really close to your tie knot and makes it appear off to me. I think the tie bar does well to put lines in between points of interest (like jacket button and tie knot) and I find it visually appealing to either have it offset 2/3 towards jacket button, or placed square in between.

    Also, it will function better placed lower (with the whole point of the tie bar to hold the tie, the further it is from the blade the worse it performs at said task).
    Thanks! For some reason I had it in my head as between second and third button, and now recall it's third and fourth. The button stance on that jacket is indeed pretty high. The hot conversation going on here about blazers worn casually has me on the lookout for a casual grey one that could be worn easily with chinos/jeans in a color other than navy.

  3. #12213
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #12214
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southeastern MA
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricosoltero View Post


    First post on the forum...it's spring and I've still got boots on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sharp look.

  5. #12215
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
    Sharp look.
    Thanks!


    Follow me on instagram @ricosoltero

  6. #12216
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #12217
    Varsity Member goodwillhinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)


    Jacket: SuitSupply Havana silk/wool/linen
    Shirt: Sid Mashburn
    Trousers: Bonobos Foundation linen
    Shoes: AE Cavanaugh

  8. #12218
    Varsity Member goodwillhinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    A few looks from the week. Happy Friday ya'll!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Leanderthal: where'd you get that blue linen shirt in the second photo? Love it!

  9. #12219
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    @Leanderthal: where'd you get that blue linen shirt in the second photo? Love it!
    It's a Spier and Mackey from last season


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #12220
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    It's a Spier and Mackey from last season


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that herringbone jacket in the last picture looks like suitsupply. do you mind if i ask for the C### product code?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •